or Connect

Posts by swest

Another question on ceiling mount cooling.I posted a while back that the ceiling next to my projector (on the side with the exhaust fan) was getting hot. I was thinking about adding a circulating fan, as has been discussed. I got up close to the projector to see if I could detect any dead air spots, and I discovered that the side (up/down) of the projector closest to the ceiling (i.e. its bottom) on the exhaust vent side (left/right) was hot . Too hot to keep my...
Good call.Thanks.
Have any of you ceiling-mounters experienced an overheated ceiling next to your projector? I have my SP8602 ceiling mouted, at least 5" down from the ceiling, and the ceiling on the left side (as you face the lens) gets quite hot... to the point that I even detect a slight heat-related odor in the room. While the ceiling is not too hot to touch (i.e. it doesn't burn my fingers, and the paint hasn't peeled off), it does seem hotter than it should be. I think I'm...
Agreed about the sync times... I looked back through my monoprice orders, and I'm pretty sure I'm still using the 35' standard speed cable (item #2805) that I got way back when, so I'm sure the one you referenced should be ok. If the top of the image is wider than the bottom, then the projector is not square with the screen (and, tilting it downward is what would be indicated). How far above the top of the screen is the lens of the projector? As mentioned in previous...
Ahh... understood.No worries.
Thanks for that reference. I may, eventually, go that route.In what way?
Thanks. I was afraid of that. Looks like the Ref 70 is an outlier in this regard. Too bad, it has been very useful for my own situation (alas, the HDMI standard was not available when I did the wiring for my home... nevertheless, I should have, at least, run some cat-5e. Oh, well). - s.west
Anyone?
I have a plasma TV located remotely (upstairs) from my primary viewing room. This plasma TV is fed its video via s-video and component video cabling. Audio is supplied separately to a 5.1 speaker arrangement in that same room. I have used my B&K Ref 70 to send any HDMI-delivered video content out through component video (along with its digital audio stream via coax) over to the Yamaha receiver that controls the audio and video for the aformentioned plasma. i.e.,...
I took Art's comments at face value, and mounted my SP8602 such that the vertical lens shift is at (or close) to its maximum. I don't have a lux-meter, so I can't confirm his numbers. The only negative (and really not a negative in my case) is that the horizontal lens shift is non-functional with the vertical lens shift at its maximum.If I understand your setup, then mounting the projector under the soffit (and upside down) would place the lens of the projector a minimum...