or Connect

Posts by sengsational

I've only just recently acquired an interest in HDTV because a) my old TV died, b) I leared there were a lot of HDTV digital signals over the air in my area, and c) I think it would be cool to sit across the room from my PC (and operate it from there, of course!). Unlike a lot of folks, I'm not big into video; they had to make the DVD players almost free before I got one. But I'll spend some money on computer stuff. So here's what I think I have learned in the past...
I asked the sales support at cinefx a similar question, and my interpretation of their response is that it doesn't matter at all. Desktop resolution only matters if you have the loop back cable attached and you hit escape (or whatever) to change to PC mode. At that point, whatever resolution you have configured on your video adapter gets sent through the HD card, unchanged, to your HD set.
Quote: Originally posted by dt_dc No current direct view CRT is going to give you true XGA (1024 X 768) resolution. That's 768 horizontal lines ... which most HDTV sets should have no problem with. The issue, is the 1024+ vertical lines. Most HDTV sets will have somewhere in the neighbohood of 800 vertical lines. An example, the current Sony XBR800s have 847 vertical lines. The new XBR910 will have 1401... Most interesting and enlightening to me...
Quote: Originally posted by echo4747 sengsational, could you kindly share what consumer reports had to say about the philips 30pw9818(compared to the other models tested) ? This is the set I am leaning toward at this time I do know that it does have the 15pin vga connector in the rear of the set. Of the 30 - 34 inch sets rated, the 30W9818 was the best (top one in the list). "Very good set has fine picture, dual-tuner PIP, and many features. Has...
I see that "what tv should I buy" posts are none too popular, especially if there's no detail as to constraints. Like lack of constraints in linear programming... it goes wild on you. So I'll try to put on enough constraints. And if this is in a faq somewhere, I couldn't find it (please write a rtff post, at least!) In PC language, I want at least XGA resolution (1024 x 768) and no faking-out higher resolution that leaves me with blotchy looking stuff. So which 30...