or Connect

Posts by Michaelmorio

Quote: Originally Posted by pepar DTS Neo X is, I think, the only difference. I think the 80.3 has two video chips; an HQV Vida and a Marvel Qdeo. Anthing else? Michaelmorio
Me, too!!! Michaelmorio
Quote: Originally Posted by M Code The video processor does more than just upscaling & post-processing.. It is required for the OSD/GUI, transcoding and de-interlacing. The choice of processors is determined by price class and what software has already been developed and used in previous AVR generations. Also the cost of the video processors drop signficantly as they get older and are replaced by more powerful processors. Therefore in highly...
Hello, I could have put this question in the Onkyo 3009 & 5009 Receiver Thread. But I decided to make it a separate one so that it gets more attention from more people. My question: Why does a receiver such as the Onkyo 5009 need two different video chips such as the HQV Vida chip and the Marvel Qdeo chip? I think both chips do pretty much same things, don't they? Can someone explain to me the benefits of having these two chips in one unit? Would this, having...
Mklnez, The Sherbourn you suggested has more power than I need. It's rated at 200 watts per channel. Probably it eats more energy when it's on stanby mode or even switched off. I would like to keep energy bill and carbon footprint lower. Regarding the Emotive UPA-7 suggeste earlier, I went to read the review on the Audioholics and noticed it has less-than impressive cross talk figures. Does anyone have any comment on this based on actual use of the...
DonH50, Thank you for your input. The XPA-3 I have is OK. At least it handles more power better than the ONKYO 805. But I can't say how the XPA-3 compares to similarly-speced amps from other brands for I have never owned anything other than the XPA-3. The UPA-7 maybe a pretty decent amp. But I would like to prefer one with balanced inputs as an insurance for the future (you never know what kind of compoent layout change I might have). I noticed Marants has a 8-channel...
Hello, I would like to have some power amp recommendations. I need at least 7 channels. 8 or 9 channels are OK as well. My preferrance: 1. Minimum 6 channels. Or 7 or even 8 channels of amplification 1. All channel driven 100 watts or more. 120 ~ 150 would be better though not absolutely necessary. 2. Balanced inputs 3. Price range: Less than $2.5 garnd, hopefully less than 2 grand or even 1.5 grand, new or used. I currently use an ONKYO 805 receiver...
Quote: Originally Posted by alebonau We will all make our value judgement. For some of us be worth it for others not so. It's no different to anything else we spend money on. I am sure they are not pulling a board from a $1k onkyo to put in our denons. Need to keep in mind denon would had to have done a bit of work to bring these hardware and software upgrades to the avp and avc. Upgrades retrospectively are always messy and denon will likely only be...
Quote: Originally Posted by alebonau We've had quite a few updates hdmi Cec, denon link 4 other software revisions etc. Only one was update charged for that was audyssey upgrade. It wasn't lot of money. But is not as major as hardware and software upgrade this one is. We have not had any update where had to send unit in before. Alebonau, Thank you for your reply. I see this upcoming upgrade is the first major one. If you think about we can buy...
Hello, We are excited about the upcoming upgrade. Does anyone remember what upgrades were offered to this unit in the past and their price? I am curious as to see if history could help us to figure out the price range for upcoming upgrade. Michaelmorio