or Connect

Posts by Michaelmorio

Hello, I have been useing a TC-P42ST30 for a couple of weeks now. Today, for the first time I tried to connect it to my AT&T Uverse Router for wireless connection following a manual. But it doesn't seem to connect. It maybe me but the manual is not really clear about this point. I am referring to page 40. This is what happens: 1 Select "Network settings" 2.Select "Connection test" Then I get "faiure" message. And tried the following also: 1. Sect "Network...
Skoobydoo, You are lucky. Michaelmorio
malaplace, I don't know much about the issues you are experiencing. But the authorized Onkyo service center in the Bay Area is in Mountain View. But I think you must first contact Onkyo USA in NJ (?) and get an authorization to send your unit in to the center. The Onkyo service center is not so "serviceful" to its customers though. Michaelmorio
A bit off topic, but I have never heard ot the new Panny. I hope it performs better than current pannies. Chadday2121, I haven't seen the VT series panny. But I have been with the Pioneer 500M for some time and it's great. Was the Pioneer your father-in-law has professionally calibrated? Your mentioning suggest it is. But I want to make it sure. Michaelmorio
Andy and others who asked similar questions, A lot of technical information you mentioned aside, my answer to your 3 main questions is as follows: 1) Were you watching the same channel when you tested indoors as you are now? --> Yes 2) Is the TiVo resolution the same as when you tested indoors and --> Yes 3) Are you using the same inputs to the TV? --> Yes When I was reading some of the threads in this forum I learned signal loss as it travels through a coax cable and a...
Thank you for your comments to all of you who responded to my question. My TV is a Pioneer KPR 500M and it's rather a monitor, not TV because it doesn't have a tuner. So the Tivo is the only tuner I have now. I have a HDMI cable going into Onkyo TX-NR805 receiver. The Onkyo and the Pioneer is connected with another HDMI cable. I didn't change any settings on the TiVo. I didn't touch anything on the Pioneer and the Onkyo either. But I will double check this later...
Hello, I went to check some STICKY threads trying to find solution. But after spending some time I decided to post my question here. I would appreciate fellow forum members' kind assitance. I live in the East Bay (San Francisco area), about 30 miles away from the major broadcasting antenna. I have just installed an out-door antena (Antenacraft HBU33: I think it is rated 40 - 50 mile range antenna). But I am having loss of sharpness. The antenna is is connected with...
Thank you guys for your replies. I should find out a nearby dealer in my area and pay a visit. Michaelmorio
Paltitatn, Thanks for your input. Did you do the comparison at a showroom? If so, didn't they carry the ST as well as the STS? Everybogy talks about the smoothness the Triton's tweeters and that's really nice. I used to use the STS as my main fronts. But I had a feeling their highs weren't as clear and clean enough to my liking. Then I compared the ST and the STS at a nearby Magnolia store and was convinced that the ST has much clean and clear highs. Now I have the ST...
I own a 7.1 system of Def Tech ST and am looking at these GoldenEar speakers. Has anyone compared them? Michaelmorio