or Connect

Posts by deadman

LoL I don't have any problems on my set either. If you have to jump through several hoops to see clouding or flashlighting then you don't have a problem. If you can plainly see irritating things while you are watching your favorite stuff in the way you like to see it then return that sucker it's not for you. You shouldn't have to post pictures up on the net and ask strangers for support in your decision for what obviously is a personal subjective choice.
Your settings make a huge difference. One thing I noticed on this TV was that it was easy to get the settings all jumbled up. You can set the TV to use a certain calibration set as standard but more often than not on my particular TV I had to go through and set all the settings for every input anyway. I didn't find it that big a deal though because I like the fact that the control and options are all there to do that. So, I think maybe you just need to go back to...
There is a huge range of possible effects from "bad viewing angle" including subtle color wonkiness to complete negative exposure effect. The HX800 in my viewing experience fits into the "noticeable, but easy to overlook" category. For me personally the subtle color shift being off angle is easily trumped by the overall excellent TV performance. I have 3 LCD's I'm looking at right now that are all excellent for the time of release but have completely different "off...
Here you go, no need to buy one. You can just download it and burn it to disc and you are good to go.
Speaking of heat, I was surprised how little heat mine gives off. It's barely warm to the touch on the back panel after hours of use from my family. The little external wireless box I use for internet gets warmer than the TV which is really strange to me. I don't notice any clicking with mine. I also don't notice any clouding other than what you may see from the dynamic LED function. My screen is also uniform in color and doesn't exhibit any signs of flashlighting...
That is one theory: You can just as easily say they make the initial batches with crossed fingers hoping it turns out well till the engineers get feedback and make adjustments that carry through to the later dated mass production numbers. In fact, that's usually how the manufacturing process works. I can name a few cases right off the top of my head including Xbox360 red ring of death and resulting motherboard changes, the PS3 power usage adjustments, the...
I have a 2010 Sony Bravia HX800 3dTV. It's excellent. Not perfect but 90% there and more than good enough for some good movie time and 3d gaming. Ghosting is the biggest concern for most people I guess but the ghosting on this set is minimal and not nearly as irritating as a lot of other forms of 3d to my eye. The ghosting when it does show up is like a faint light outline around high contrast areas which are at the extremes of the 3d range both near and far. With the...
Quote: Originally Posted by amatot My history of posts make that plainly obvious I'll be damned if I'm going to sit back and watch posters throw out ARTIFACT error claims like 5 - 20% or start equating computer graphics to hometheater displays like some kind of expert armchair quarterbacks - especially without data and completey ignoring any of the other interpolation effects inherently built into this set - for better or for worse. Where do people...
I got mine from BB and received the slip inside the TV paperwork. It's more like 2-3d games which are more like little arcades and 2-3d demos though. Still cool but not enough to get upset over.
I will attempt to bring you up to speed on the concept of sending a "pre-scaled" image to the TV. If you are pre-scaling the image to 1080p [TV internal 1:1 pixel matching] and then sending it out to the TV you are effectively avoiding the TV's internal scaler and giving yourself a choice of how you want a lower-than-HD image to be displayed. In this case the scaler that gives the least amount of artifacts would be preferable. Currently the best of the best is MadVR. ...