or Connect

Posts by Schlotkins

Ah, I didn't realize the card may not fit in the case. I'd rather not be the test candidate so maybe I'll go with a 5450. Does 512 or 1GB of memory matter? Thanks for the idea on the fans! Chris
Well, I'm finally putting together an HTPC. I bought a Core i5 650 @ microcenter today. I decided to go with that over the i3 as they use just about the same amount of power at idle/movie viewing and the 650 is more powerful. Here are the rest of the components I was thinking of: Motherboard:GIGABYTE GA-H57M-USB3 http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16813128430 Memory: G.SKILL 4GB (2 x 2GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1600 (PC3...
OK - thanks. Looks like i'll go RAID1 on my system drive then. Chris
I'm sure this has been answered before, but I'm guessing the recordings are going to be tied down to that actual installation of W7 just like was done with the ATI CC in Vista correct? i.e. If I have to reinstall W7, I will lose access to previous recordings. Also, will I be able to play recordings stored on a network drive on the original machine? (ignore bandwidth. Note I'm not talking about an extender, rather just storing the recordings somewhere else on the...
Thanks everyone for the replies... maybe I'll just try the 5450. This was the article that really had me confused. http://www.rage3d.com/articles/hd545...g_performance/ Chris
I'm in process of picking a video card for my HTPC. At this point, I'm totally confused on which ATI card supports which features in terms of PQ. This card will be used exclusively for WMC. It will be running at 1080 29 on my Pioneer 5070. I will be using it to watch blurays and TV using the Ceton card (when available). Will the 5450 give me the same PQ as the others? Any help is appreciated. Thanks, Chris
After many years of using my 10 year old Polk bookshelf speakers, I'm looking to downgrade in size for the WAF. I haven't had my surround speakers up for about 5 years sense this will probably improve my movie experience. Minus having music on in the background, I will be using these speakers for movies. I'm set on the 1000 center, but I'm curious about the mains/surrounds (i.e should I get 600, 800 or 1000). These speakers will be run off a Denon 2807. Will I notice a...
Hi Everyone- I'm stil somewhat debating whether I should RAID my data or not. It's mostly rips so I have the 'raw' data, but it takes a lot of time. I'm looking for a RAID card that can expand without starting the RAID5 over again. This would allow me to start with 3 drives and then expand from there. Any ideas? I'm thinking at least 8 ports and I'm not looking for something too fancy as this will just be streaming video. Thanks for your help, Chris
Oh this would be exciting if it worked right...
Have we had any updates from Archibael lately? I am still hoping for a 24p fix... Thanks, Chris