or Connect

Posts by John Schuermann

Quote: Originally posted by archer75 Sanyo Z2 or Infoucs SP4805. So which one do you think is best and why? Image quality is everything. Monday night football and CSI must look thier best! I just re-read your original post. How about this to make things even more confusing? For Monday Night Football, the Z2 will be superior, since it is brightly lit High Definition. The Z2 shines with this kind of material and will clearly give you more detail...
Both lens shift and offset projectors have their own unique set of advantages and disadvantages. I run into these types of questions all of the time, and there seems to be a lot of misunderstanding of how the two technologies work. I am not saying that this necessarily applies to anyone posting here, but I just thought I'd take the time to explain them for anyone reading this thread who is unclear on how each works: Offset projectors, like the Screenplay 4805, need...
Quote: Originally posted by markam My Z1 bulb is well over a 1000 hours, and damned if I can see any dropoff in brightness. I sure don't have any need to replace it. The dropoff is gradual over time - I would be willing to bet if you replaced the bulb you would be surprised at how much brighter the image is. As I said before, much of this is subjective. If it looks bright enough to you, great! You are the only one you have to please (with...
Quote: Originally posted by gwlaw99 Based on the 2x screen width rule, At 15 feet away your screen on the 4805 should be about 103" diagonal for 150" inch screen you would want to sit 19.3 feet away. For 150 inch screen you would need about 813 real lumens (as opposed to manufacturers inflated specs". The Z2 when properly calibrated has about 615 lumens maximum with the aperture wide open and on high power mode adn 500 in low lamp mode....
Quote: Originally posted by HorrorScope "Another issue - the Z2 is not all that bright, plus there have been issues with the bulbs aging fairly quickly (see threads about that here on this forum). I would not go any larger than 106" with the Sanyo keeping in mind that you will probably want to replace the bulb 1000 hours into its life, when it is half as bright as when you bought it." 1. Plenty bright. 2. Bulb life is questionable for sure. However this is...
The throw - the Dt-300 is short throw, the Z200 is a long throw. You can check the projection calculator at Projector Central to see which one works better with your room and screen size. John
I can just about guarantee that the keystoning is your problem. As we demonstrated at our Denver shootout, even the tiniest amount of keystoning messes up the image. John
A couple of things: First, is your computer outputting the native resolution of the projector? Make sure they are matched or the projector will scale the image, resulting in exactly the kind of image you are describing. Secondly, are you using any keystoning? That's one sure way to blur the picture, and the only way to get rid of the blurring is to turn keystoning OFF!!! Good Luck! John
An electronics supply house or Radio Shack will have the correct terminations, with instructions for attaching them. There are extensive comparisons between the two projectors here: http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showt...hreadid=413254 Another issue - the Z2 is not all that bright, plus there have been issues with the bulbs aging fairly quickly (see threads about that here on this forum). I would not go any larger than 106" with the Sanyo keeping in mind that you...
These are all Matterhorn, native PAL projectors: Screenplay 5700 BenQ PE7800 Sharp DT-300 Sharp XVZ200 The Screenplay is the brightest of the bunch, the Sharp will have the best contrast, and the BenQ performs well and is quite inexpensive. Are you here in the States or in Europe? Good luck! John