or Connect

Posts by boe

I'm using an oppo. I tested with the Sony upscaling - looks great! With the Oppo you can adjust the graininess of the upscale. SOme BR players let you adjust and some don't. I'm happy with the Sony native upscaling - I love my oppo but the upscaling on the Sony is better IMHO.
The double smiley faces merely indicate my mood while writing my comment. - I was in a particularly good mood at that moment They are no indication of sarcasm or humor - but that satisfaction is waning :| I just like people to know my feelings as I write statements.
It's the metric system that is complex. If someone says to me that it is 2 miles from here I know how far that is but if someone says that it is 4 kilometers from here, I have to do some calculations based on miles to figure it out. Likewise if someone says that is 7.2 kilos, I have to do math and convert it to pounds before I can figure out the street value. Obviously the metric system is more complex as it requires more calculations to come up with usable...
They are the same if it was 1080p - it would be 1/4 of your screen - the rest would be black.
I think I may wait for the helium ones to come down in price. I realize they will be much more expensive but if I can wait, they should have a longer life provided they've adequately tested the cases and they should run cooler which means less fans which means a quieter case.
Here is one that is helium based - faster but EXPENSIVE!!!! http://www.amazon.com/HGST-HUS726060ALA640-SATA-7-2K-0F18335/dp/B00GTD3AR2/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1397112703&sr=8-1&keywords=6tb
Thanks for posting - I'll have to read to find out if this is one of those new helium drives.
I agree that physical media is better - but I'd prefer to keep them on my computer so I don't waste physical space and so they are easier to access. For my next Oppo I would like a BR player but with WAY WAY better streaming capabilities. The version after that e.g. about 3 years from now... I'm not so sure. I'll still be ripping my discs to my computer 3 years from now but they'll probably be 4K.
I didn't think you'd take me seriously about the NJ thing. There is no fiddling around with the computer - it runs as a service.
Thanks. I just heard back from Oppo. At this time they don't support forced subs for streaming.