or Connect

Posts by Hdtvman-2

I've got a new Toshiba BDX2250 Blu-Ray player and I'm trying to find some info about it's DLNA streaming capability. I've hooked it up to my network and the results have been sporadic. FOr example, it will play a file from the network but the INFO displays a strange file name not the name of the file. Also I can not get it to play AVI files from the USB or disc. These same files play over the network. The Toshiba site didn't seem to have a d/l area or at least I...
OK, I did a test of the *.mpg files. They DO NOT play when streamed from Windows 7 Media Sharing. However, they DO play from a DVD. Go figure. Later today I will test whether they play from a USB attached drive. My conjecture is that will not since the same file I tested played from an AVCHD disc but not from the USB hard drive. Anyone know why playing from a DVD is different than playing from the Network or an USB attached drive?
I will try that but I'm not sure that *.mpg files can be shared with Windows Media over the network. I will try it as a standalone file. I did make an MKV file and put it on a DVD and it played fine. It was a little quirky trying to figure out how to get at it though. Who designs the software & interface for these devices? It must be someone who never has to use it.BTW, I did try changing the extension to *.AVI which I use on my Windows shared video but that did not...
I appreciate this list but I must be missing something. I have AVCHD discs which are h.264 streams written to DVD's in BD format. These discs play as they should. The rub is that is the video streams are copied to disc as h2ts files (as they are on the DVD, then they yield an "unplayable" error when selected off the device. Any idea what is causing this problem? The wierd thing is that these discs won't play in the PS3 but the stream files do!!
I appreciate this list but I must be missing something. I have AVCHD discs which are h.264 streams written to DVD's in BD format. These discs play as they should. The rub is that is the video streams are copied to disc as h2ts files (as they are on the DVD, then they yield an "unplayable" error when selected off the device.Any idea what is causing this problem? The wierd thing is that these discs won't play in the PS3 but the stream files do!!
What kind of AVI files are you trying to stream? Are you using the Windows 7 Media Player to share the files over the network?
I'm using a 1 TB external drive OK. There is no size limit that I can tell. I am having trouble playing m2ts files that play fine on the PS3. Does anyone have a list of the video files that this unit can play? It plays AVCHD dvd's, but not the same stream files. I can't find out why. Any ideas?
If you are using Windows 7, you need to set your media sharing option so that the Samsung is allowed to share the media on the PC. I think this is done through the windows media player. Turn on the Samsung and then go to the PC and make sure your network can "see" the samsung and you've allowed it to share the media on the PC. Hope this helps. Hdtvman
Does anyone know the IR code set for the RNG200? I just got a new TV and would like to program the remote for the Comcast box. I tried all the SA codes listed and they did not work. Hdtvman
The dongle? you referred to must be the wireless adapter (I assume).I don't use wireless, I have the C5500 connected to my home network via ethernet wires.