or Connect
New Posts  All Forums:

Posts by jpoet

I rip my CDs to FLAC, and then play them using S/PDIF via a squeezebox. I have had the problem you are referring to, but each time I have been able to fix it, by re-ripping that track. So, I have never reported it to Anthem. The Anthem does seem to be pickier than other devices. The tracks that cause the problem do play fine, when played right off the computer. That being said, obviously something happened during the rip, that causes a glitch that the Anthem is not...
Wow! People keep talking about "Drinking the cool-aid". I think you have overdosed.That actually make me happy.Hmmm, so the D2v can't possibly be the issue, huh?I do own a DVR. It just happens to also be a HTPC.I do own a blu-ray player. It is a Panasonic DMP-BDT100. I think part of your problem is that you jump to conclusions.So, you are saying that as long as I limit the attached devices to very specific brands and types, that would solve all my problems --- Sorry...
Quote: Originally Posted by drhankz You have a HTPC not a DVR. Hmmmm. DVR stands for Digital Video Recorder. My HTPC is a Digital Video Recorder, so it is a DVR. Quote: It is remembering not what the D2v is doing - it is forcing a EDID and probably causing your problems. You are saying that the D2v can produce different EDID info from one moment to the next? When I took the EDID snapshot from the D2v, it was not...
Quote: Originally Posted by drhankz You have your EDID info WRONG. What make you say that? Quote: Your DVR does not remember anything. Yes, it does. nVidia's linux tools let you take a snapshot of the EDID it sees on the HDMI port, and from then on you can use that snapshot in preference to what it sees (or does not see) via HDMI. Quote: The D2v is a pass through device. I wish it was, but that is not...
Quote: Originally Posted by jayray Tom, I think he was referring to changing sources after everything is booted up. I agree with the sequence, as I have named it the drhankz manuever. But once everything is on I think he is having problems when switching sources. First time turning things on, yes the sequence works great. I never have problems with syncing since I started using this. John That sequence is critical for watching a blu-ray. If...
Yes, and that does work about 20% of the time. The other 80%, though. seems to require a power cycle. John
Setting "auto digital" to NO helped. I no longer have to fight with the D2v to get audio from HDMI sources every day. Now I only have to fight with it whenever I change sources during the same listening session. For example, if I start off watching a blu-ray, then switch over to watching TV via my DVR, I almost always have to toggle the power on the D2v before I can get any sound. In this scenario, switching inputs does not seem to work. I now understand why my dealer...
Quote: Originally Posted by Shrike645 There is no video pass through on a D2v. So, the next question is: Why? Did Anthem make a mistake when choosing the hardware components, or does it just need a software update? The audio quality of the D2v is excellent. I am a bit disappointed by the video, though. John
My Samsung HL-67A750 DLP tv can do 3D as long as it is in the HDMI 1.3 compatible "checkerboard" format. That format throws away half the resolution, so does not need the extra bandwidth of HDMI 1.4. I figured since it was just HDMI 1.3, I would have no problem with it and my D2v -- I was wrong. I have tried tweaking various settings on the D2v, but no matter what I do, my TV does not recognize the input as being "3D". If I hook up the HDMI directly from my blu-ray...
Quote: Originally Posted by abc999 Is the auto digital in the source menu set to NO? It should be set to NO. It was set to YES. I will give NO a try and see if that helps. Quote: Do you have at least 2 video configurations,one for 60fps and the other for 24fps? I have 2 configurations and just toggle between them as the need arises from the remote. I don't use frame lock as it is problematic on my part. I can also give that...
New Posts  All Forums: