or Connect

Posts by RGHessel

Thanks for pointing out that thread. I'd pursued it before but didn't seem to find anything applicable. I suspect you are right that it's a handshake issue. Yamaha tech support isn't open until tomorrow, so I may venture down that route. In the meantime, i "solved" the problem by plugging the components directly into the TV and using an optical cable from the TV back to the soundbar. A disappointing solution since I chose this one, in part, because it could act as an...
I'm pretty good with keeping up with all things gadgety, but I am at a loss as to how to solve this "problem." I recently purchased a new home that has all the landscape lighting controlled via a Jandy system, which works fine. However, there are two additional floodlights that are controlled by a separate conventional light switch which is locate in a very inconvenient location. These two flood lights aren't lights we necessarily want on a timer, but would like to be...
I'm not sure this post belongs here, but I'm sure if it isn't someone will step up and scold me... Here's my situation: I have a new Samsung 8000 series 65" LCD TV. The TV in is connected to a Yamaha AV receiver via HDMI. All components (Satellite, DVD, PS3) are connected to the receiver via HDMI which then serves as the device switcher. Everything works great -- except for when I try using Samsung's SmartHub Internet services and apps (Netflix, Pandora, etc). I get...
Thanks, Javatime!
My Sony LCD is running out of HDMI ports so I am investigating getting a HDMI switcher. There is quite a range of prices ($30-200+) out there and I am at a loss as to which to choose. I'm guessing the "high end" ones are more marketing hype than tangible improvements). I'm looking for: (1) 5 ports (2) IR remote ( so I can use it with my Harmony remote) (3) HDCP (I believe thwarts the correct term) compliancy (so I don't run into copy protection problems; my...
Thanks, GFerg! (And I have been to clublexus and find it a great site). I finally bit the bullet and special ordered the HS with, of course, the ML system. I know I'll be happy I did (and would have been endlessly questioning my decision if I didn’t...)
Just thought I'd throw this out there in the event that someone cares to offer an opinion. I'm in the midst of mulling the purchase of a 2010 Lexus HS 250h. The only rub is that, for whatever stupid reason, Lexus is not sending any cars to the US with the Mark Levinson premium stereo option. (Which is bizarre since the car is loaded with every other technogizmo imaginable). I'm leaning toward special ordering the car with Levinson. Just curious if any technophiles...
Odd video artifact. When I play standard definition DVDs I am noticing a video artifact whilch shows up as "jaggies" most evidently in high-contrast diagonal lines. In these areas the diagonal lines show a sort of stair-step effect consisting of prominent little vertical lines (obviously hard to describe in words...). Makes it look very much like I'm watching a CRT up close. I've had the DVD player for ~6 months and only now am noticing this. (Dont know if it's...
My set up (relevant componens): TV: Sony 52" LCD KDL-WL135 DVD/Blu-Ray: LG BD 370 When I play standard definition DVDs I am noticing a video artifact whilch shows up as "jaggies" most evidently in high-contrast diagonal lines. In these areas the diagonal lines show a sort of stair-step effect consisting of prominent little horizontal lines (obviously hard to describe in words...). I've had the DVD player for ~6 months and only now am noticing this. (Dont know if...
I have had a Harmony® One Universal Remote for a couple of years. I noticed the battery was no longer holding a charge very well, so I bought a replacement battery and installed it with no problems. After being in and out of the cradle for about 60 minutes when I returned it to the cradle, I got the error message with a red exclamation point, "Charging Problem. Contact customer support". I searched for this, but mainly came across the issue of the contacts in the...