or Connect

Posts by kjburns31

Do you have the latest software on the projector. You may want to look on the Infocus WebSite for what fixes are with each software release. There are a number of signal syncing aspects that are part of the software and not part of the hardware. I helped my brother install an X1. Until we upgraded the software, I couldn't get the component input to work with his DVD player. We upgraded the software which let us adjust a setting that we couldn't before and within 5...
Its a DLP Projector that only has about 300 hours on it. It seems way to coincedental that it started when I started messing with stuff by installing the ReplayTv then the DirecTV Tivo device. Kelly
Recently I attempted to plug in a ReplayTV that my Dad had already purchased just to see what it could do. After a couple hours of playing with it, I noticed some Diagonal lines appearing on the screen. After another 10 min the lines were very noticable. I switched over to the DVD player and the lines were still there. I switched the whole system off for around 15 minutes and they went away. After another hour or so, the lines came back. I figured it must be the...
Although I have a DirecTV Tivo unit which I am very happy to pay for and use the service with, my Dad has a different need. He currently has 3 VCRs that run almost non stop on weekends recording Golf and PBS. He doesn't want a guide, interest-based recordings, time-shifting. He basically wants a device that will do manual time/date-based recordings the same as a VCR, but without the tapes. HTPCs are not turnkey enough for him and I really don't want to hack a Tivo...
I just finished hooking up my IR distribution. Although I am having some wierd problem with DVD Power on/off function, everything else is working well. I know I had a heck of a time getting my RCA DirecTV box working. It seems as though the IR receiver is very close to the window and it leaves little room for error. Basically I ended up sacrificing the sticky tape on one of the emitters so that I could easily move it around to get it lined-up perfectly. Also, I...
Hi all, I have a strange problem I was hoping someone can fix. I just installed an IR-Distribution system. Although it took a while to figure out where to place the emitters on the equipment, I finally got everything working well with one execption. The DVD Power on/off will not work through the IR-Distribution. If the DVD is on I can use all other functions on the remote, but I can't power it down or power it back up without point it directly at the DVD...
Last 11/17 I did a Buy-It-Now on eBay for an X1. The price with shipping was far less than Dell is charging for the projector, not by much, but less. The most important thing is It shipped on 11/18, I received in on 11/21. I know some people shy away from eBay, but most of the people are very honest. The projector was Brand new and My brother (it's his unfortunately) registered it online and received the 3 year extended warranty. If you don't like eBay,...
Click, There are very few movies that Families can watch together. Even PG movies push the envelope a little. Although Disney has gotten a little to liberal for me with all their other Movies lines and Television, these CGI movies are Truly Family films. Certainly there are a number of family-safe movies out there, but not many that adults will actually enjoy watching. Finding Nemo is absolutely one of the best movies of the past few years. It's certainly...
Hi, I just finished an inexpensive theater. My setup would cost around $1500 on eBay. I am building an upgraded system for my brother right now. I purchased the X1 for him and I don't think you can get much better for less than twice the costs. I'm sure you would have to spend 3K to get something that the average person could a tell a difference. In Short, the X1 is amazing for the money. I like the Sanyo as well, but if you have any lighting issues, I would lean...
I am still trying to make a decision about furniture. In my searches for a solution for the kids, I came across these at Kiosk in a local mall. http://www.cordaroys.com They aren't cheap, but they are absolutely the best made Bean-Bag chair I have seen. Quality and Style would fit the nicest of HT's KJB