or Connect

Posts by AALLOCA

Hey Folks. Hooked up the Marantz last night. Manual set up. Calibrated via the test tone on the rcvr and radio shack. Have it hooked up via hmi and input set to 7.1 analog. My speaker set up is small and 80hz...... lfe to 80hz on all inputs. A few questions. 1.Does the marantz do bass management and level adjustments when fed the oppo's analog outputs? 2 Also when I ran the the test tones on the Marantz, I get everything to match even including the sub. I then...
Hi, No expert.... but try it... I bet your ears will like it better than having a dock in house or the quality in the car.. I have tried all 3.... To me E* feed is far superior using a modest system.... HK 525 and Axiom speakers. I also hear less of a volume diff between stations than in my car. From what I read tv satellite has more bandwidth and thus should allow less compression on the audio channels as well. I have pretty good ears for compression and I...
I haven't done a scientific a/b... but my ears and from reading there is more bandwidth in TV satellites vs the radio satellites.... On Dish Network some channels are louder than others, but all are light years above my in car setup which is original sport via fm modulator, but the old fm mod which is powerful. Dish 722 into HK 525.... I use 5.1 logic 7 processing at home.
You alway get a very interesting take on this xm/sirius product, kind of like the o& A/Howard war. Before the merger, I thought Sirius had better music period. The times I sampled Xm I never found that wow I hadn't heard this in years or ever factor. Now it may be the way I listen, which is jump between classic soul, new wave, spectrum, buzzsaw, xmu, 70's , and 80's and metal. I always still find a good song. And post merger Buzzsaw has been phenom with Eddie...
Well it's all about them doing a single artist station right. With Springsteen ( I think the first run was better by the way) you at least get: Outtakes, alt versions, and live concerts. With Ac/Dc you didn't get anything like that, not sure on the Zep station. I am very happy that boneyard is back, check out Eddie Trunk's show.
Hi, I moved my whole music library to the central axis. I enabled media server on both. PS3 now see's it, and will allow me to stream mp3's. However, 99% of my music is AAC encoded, ripped from my cd collection. Those files do not show up, let alone play. Can the Maxtor stream AAC files to PS3?
My original question was simple. 3 people have made it a point, that: A. I don't watch tv frequently enough for them to really be a fan B. Since I didn't know that May it was pulled I am not a fan. I have asked many questions on this board and some have been quite naive and noobieish, but I have never experienced this type of response. Most shows run once a week.. Once every 7 days.. and I would say a majority of people dvr them, between work, kids , etc I would guess not...
Guys, Maybe I am not in a good mood today, but some are missing my point. I didn't notice it had been canceled since I had 10 old episodes on my dvr. I was waiting to see new ones pop up. That's when I checked and saw it was gone, although my timer was still showing Jools. I was only concerned about new shows. Later with Jools Holland-does very good job with mixing live sound and video and has amazing groups perform in an intimate setting. I found tons...
thanks for the sarcasm.. Since Later is my fav show and new episodes haven't run in months, I use the dvr to watch.... so I haven't been paying attention.. Always nice to jump to conclusions and make stupid comments about how much someone is watching a channel or if it is a true fav...
I recently noticed my Rave channel was replaced by Lifetime HD. I love that channel for Jools Holland in HD. I called E* and they told me yes it was replaced, and nothing else. Does anyone know what happened? Are there any other carriers with that Channel?