or Connect

Posts by Tim Glover

Update: I went straight from the Oppo to Projector...which is really what I wanted anyway. Using the mult-channel analog outs on the SC-57 into the Oppo 105D. All good. But I can no longer use the SC-57 to switch my sources. DirectTV no longer works thru the Pioneer. I've obviously turned something off when I set up using the Multi-channel. Frustrated. Will try and call Pioneer tomorrow to see if they can walk me through it. other suggestions?
I seem to have forgotten how to setup my HT gear. I've owned the SC-57 for about 2 years now? Love it! But just recently purchased the Oppo 105D and want to use the multi-channel inputs. I think I got the multi-channel audio going correctly on both the Pioneer and Oppo. However, I can't get video. And now I can't even get the DirectTV to work through the SC-57. So I must have switched something off when I selected multi-channel? Very frustrated. any suggestions? Prior...
I thought I was rather front projector savvy until I started down the "I wonder what a CIH setup would look like?" road. Quickly I learned that I have ALOT to Learn! But it's fun and on the bright side, we CIH virgins will make the rest of you feel like experts.
Hey John,In my setup what would I benefit from having a CIH setup? That's not a flame question I'm trying to read all I can LOL to avoid asking silly questions. Totally zoomed out on the Sony 50es at 44 feet wide, would I obtain a larger scope image using an anamorphic lens?I guess a benefit by using one is achieving the full 1080 resolution. With a slight pincushion I could go with a curved screen? IDK what to do...
This is my issue as well...(by the way John that was a FANTASTIC webcast. I watched the entire thing)...but after watching and speaking to Mike at AVS I also am already fully zoomed on my Sony 50es. I'm throw distance challenged. Fully zoomed out I can achieve right at a 105.5 inch wide image & 44 image height when watching a scope film. I measured while I put in a Harry Potter Blu-ray. I think that makes a 114 or so 2;35 screen? But it's my understanding that since I am...
Thank you both ^ for the help. I appreciate it. I realized after I posted that I was off base. The new Sony 50es is my 6th projector since 2003. I really want to do this setup right in terms of movie viewing. Sports in a close second but only during football season. I rarely watch tv at all during Feb-August. So many good thoughts in this thread regarding films like Star Wars, LOTR, and so many more getting the short end of the screen. On the other hand, there's a few...
Really good thread and really has me thinking. Like a few here, I haven't pulled the trigger on a screen yet but would love a scope one. But I just recently acquired a new Sony 50es...the zoom approach is the only solution that I can realistically do. So if I am reading this right; If I get a 16x9 screen-say 120. Then to zoom the scope film it would then fill the entire 16x9 screen? I could try and sell my Sony. Only has 5 hours on it LOL...
Can someone help me find the slot on the included 3D Glasses for the USB cable to re-charge? for the life of me I can't find it Model TDG-PJ1 Thx.
Ok thx Mike. I'm in the market for the new 55es but lens throw is an issue. Would like a nice electric screen but want the biggest I can get. I'll be talking to you soon...
Hey guys, I'm getting some conflicting data on the lens throw. Various sites have different info. Can I pull off a 120 inch screen with just a smidgen under 12 foot throw?