or Connect

Posts by moeronn

We recently had FiOS installed and while I like it overall, there are a few things that if addressed/improved would make a huge difference and give VZ an even bigger advantage. Storage capacity is one, and I know it has been mentioned many times and supposedly should be addressed soon. This is pretty critical. The other main issue (actually more important than capacity) is the Home Media DVR. You can setup recordings on this machine and watch it on any other STB. ...
Have you gotten BD Live to work on other disks? Do you have an USB Flash drive connected? I thought I was having problems until I realized you need the USB Flash drive for any BD Live features to work. Then I found out how rediculous it was to have the USB port sunken in so far. Only one out of about 6 different flash drives I tired would even fit in the port and that was only a 256 MB drive. Had to order a drive specifically for the player.Don't quote me on this, but...
Be sure to check out ratings of any online store before purchasing. There isn't much on clubmac.com, but what is there is hit or miss.http://www.resellerratings.com/store/Club_Mac
Thanks for the quick response and confirmation. I was searching from adapters and cables and saw monoprice. Looks like they are the way to go. Thanks again.
This may answer the main question I have. If my TV (Sony GWIII RPCLD) only has DVI and Component video inputs, can I use an HDMI->DVI adapter and cable to connect the BDP-S350 to the GWIII and still get full 720p (max resolution of the TV)? Thanks.
I didn't have a choice. They deactivated the Moxi. As for the HDMI->DVI adapter, I didn't even check to see if there was an HDMI port in the 3416. I'll have to look tonight.
I was recently "forced" to swap out my Moxi for the 3416. TW must have canceled the activation of the Moxi, as I just had the message "There is a problem with the status of your account. Contact customer service..."blah blah. After several calls to CS where not one person knew what was going on I was told to bring in the unit to a local office. So I took it in to one that was open late afternoon on Saturday. This was an original TW office and they wouldn't even touch...
I have been having problems with CW in SD. TW just sent out the channel line up (which is supposed to be effective 12/7/06) and KTLA HD was noticably absent from the listing. What happened here? It was listed on the web site about amonth ago when I checked online.
The TWC tech is here right now. He's still working and calling in, but here is what I've found so far: 1. The DVI output overrides the Component video output. This wasn't the case before the change over. Not sure if this will be changed back/fixed. 2. When using DVI and switching channels, the DVR cycles through outputs before using DVI - this is supposedly a Digo issue and there is a ticket out on it. 3. KCET-HD is currently out - at least in Seal Beach and...
Well, my transition was not as smooth as some. For some reason, the Comonent Video output on my Moxi box doesn't seem to be working. And when changing channels, I get a second or two of white noise before the channel changes. I haven't gone through the whole channel listing or features, but TNT-HD was working as of last night. Discovery HD was listed, but not working. Hopefully, things will get resolved soon and more HD content added. Es for ESPN-HD, I recall...