or Connect

Posts by Mupi

Most likely it is rated at 1 or 1.2V. This is pretty much standard. Even the high end AVR's/pre-pros offer the same i.e 1-1.2V. And that is at full volume with a lot of distortion. Like I mentioned before, at moderate listening volumes you may only get like 0.6V. You can multiply 0.6V by the amp gain to get the voltage out of the amp. Emotiva amps have unusually high gain like 32 (not DB). So 32*0.6= 19.2V. That gives a whopping 46W with a 8ohm load No wonder people...
A common misconception is that separate amp will magically bring more power and help us hear dead people that we not heard before on our system. The main problem using an amp with the AVR as a pre-pro or pre-amp is that the AVR pre-out voltage at moderate listening levels (where distortion is less) is way too low to get much juice out of the amp. AVR can only give a max of some 1-1.2V at the pre-outs (there are some exceptions like one Marantz AVR) and that too at max...
Thanks everyone for the input. I guess before I spend the money on a new pair of Heresy III's, I will try the Heresy II's. I can easily sell them for the same amount I paid for considering the higher demand for them compared to the KG's.
The KG3, KG3,2 and KG3.5 use the same tweeter (just different part number). I have owned all 3 of them. They are a bit harsher than the KG4.2/4.5/5.2 which use a different tweeter and sounds a lot smoother. Sure the 3.5 will have more bass than the 3 or 3.2 but the harshness is pretty much the same. Great for dialogue clarity but a bit too forward for music. I tame it down my lowering the uppper-mid/lower-high frequencies a couple of db more compared to the KG4.2/4.5/5.2...
Well if the Heresy II's play similar to the KG3/KG3.5, then I may not invest on them as I already have the KG3.2. Bass is not a concern for me as I use a sub. I noticed that the high's on the KG3.2/KG3.5 is a bit harsher compared to the smoother high's on the KG4.5 and 5.2. The KG4.5/5.2 use a different tweeter compared to that on the KG3.2/3.5. But I have to get rid of the bigger speakers as I want to get rid of heavy gear. I was considering the Heritage series since...
If the risers are detachable, then I can put them on my current stands to get them to ear level.Have you tried any other Klipsch speakers? How do you like the Heresy's compared to others you have tried?I see a pair of Heresy II's for $350 OBO locally. But no mention of the year. I am wondering how much better are the Heresy III's compared to the Heresy II's. If the Heresy II's are like 80% of Heresy III's, then I will not spend on the Heresy III's
Yep meant the Heresy III. So the risers are detachable?
The Klipsch web site says that the Heritage III is 44lbs (unboxed). Could someone please confirm if these speakers are only 44lbs each or if there is a typo in the specs. BTW how do the Heritage III's compare to the RF-82's RF-7's. I would presume they are a lot more accurate than the RF-82's
Sure I will read up on that. Now my quest is more for light weight, high efficiency, high impedance, laid back, accurate speakers as I am happy with my tiny sub.
BTW even if the speakers are accurate, the problem is the source. CD's starting from the mid 90's, especially Rock, have so much dynamic compression that they sound awful on accurate speakers like Magpepan MG1.7 (at the store) or even on the low end Magnepan MG12 and my KG's. They just sound loud across the entire spectrum so that college kids can play them loud using their cheap boomboxes or cheap headphones. So I dont buy newer Rock CD's at all. I buy used CD's of the...