or Connect

Posts by Mupi

If I just look at the specs for KEF, they should hold their ground but is the sound quality 4 times that of the KG3.5? The KEF seem to go lower than the KG3.5 but unless you listen to them at a store you will not know. If that CL place is near by, you should at least go listen to them. If the woofer surrounds are in good shape and there are no dings, it is worth $175. Also note that the KG3.5 has wood veneer so it is easy to sand the surface if there are any minor...
http://chicago.craigslist.org/nwc/ele/3323836684.html You would need a sub with that. Visually it seems to be in great shape. Listen to them and also closely inspect the foam surrounds on the woofers to make sure there are no cracks. You can ask for $175. Given the good cosmetic condition, anything less than $175 may be a weak offer. I also see Klipsch RF3 and RF62 in Chicago CL but the asking price is high. That Sunfire may be ok for music but if you want room shaking...
Their top pick has 4 6.5" drivers and yet the weight is only 45 lbs? See that is the problem when you go for very low end speakers. Low end speakers also have low end quality/performance, where as you looking for high quality sound to impress your guests. Like one member said economy and quality/performance dont go hand in hand. Like I said in your other thread, you get much better value for your money if you get used speakers.
Well there is really nothing remarkable about any of those speakers in that list. Large used speakers will give you a better value for the money. I have those Klipsch KG5.2 and a Sunfire True Sub Junior and those Klipsch speakers go as low as my sub. In all probability you are also planning to get a low budget sub which is not going to impress anyone. I also own the KG4.2's and KG4.5's and they also put out a lot of bass.
OP: if your main goal is to throw parties, get one of those old, large speakers. They have the loudness, clarity, bass etc. that you are looking for. No need for a sub. I am a big fan of the Klipsch KG series. No they are not harsh. I have owned B&W 602 S2, Magnepan MG12, PSB T65 and I dont find Klipsch harsh at all. I have also owned RB81 and RF82. I find the older KG series a bit smoother in highs than the RB81 or RF82. But the RB81 or RF82 were not very harsh either....
Well how different is that than saying that Bose is better than other speakers you have heard?This is pretty much my closing statement.We have heard enough from you that Bose sounds better than anything you have heard including some reputed names like Advent, Khorn, Magnepan, B&W, RBH etc. That is just nonsense and you cannot be serious when you make such downright outrageous statements. I really doubt if you have owned such speakers. Have you really owned those speakers...
Feel free to unsubscribe
See that image (from the 901 manual) I posted and read that review of Bose comparing Magnepans. Like I said, it is an insult to put the image of 901's side by side with the shuttle and it is also an insult to compare such a reputed, value brand like Magnepan to Bose junk.When I said I dont have a problem if the 901's are sold for $400, I meant MSRP of $400 instead of some $1400. No one is talking about you selling your 901's. You can keep them hanging from the ceiling and...
This is in response to OP's post. I still own the Sunfire True Sub Junior which I bought way back in 2002! it is still working great. I have tried SVS SB12 (last year model), HSU STF-2, Emotiva Ultra 10 and 12 and I was not impressed by any of them as they just did not dig deeper than my tiny Sunfire. The only plus side was that those subs came with a 2 prong plug so they did not have the constant hum I get with my Sunfire. It is not audible to me away from the sub but...
Stop associating junk with a space shuttle. That is an insult to the entire Space Shuttle program as much as it is to compare the 901 junk to Magnepans and say that the 901's sound better.