or Connect

Posts by tj426

I have a older mits. tv 65" without hdmi inputs just has component ,will a higher end reciever that has hdmi and compontent inputs and outputs, convert a hdmi signal from a hd dvd player to component in the reciever and then send the signal by way on compontent cables to my tv?
Is anything in the near future for hdtv recording ?
I would like to purchase a pvr but I dont care about the service I just want to use like a vcr, just set time and let it record can that be done? and like many others I am waithing for a hdtv recorder that the average man can afford is there anything out there I should wait on and not purchase a current pvr?
Is anyone else having reception problems in Nashville with ota digital stations?
I need some education, can anyone give me thier opnion on hdtv vcr's I have thought about buying one but know nothing about them, do they work like a standard vcr, where you run your rgb cables thru it on thier way to the tv and it just records using the rgb cables, I keep reading about the ieee interface which I dont think my dishnetwork 6000 reciever has, do I need that connection to use the hdvcr? thanks for your help
I WAS NOT RECIVING ANY PICTURE, JUST A STRENGTH METER AT THE TOP OF MY TV MONDAY NIGHT, I AM USING A 6000U DISH NETWORK RECIEVER i HAVE HAD MINE SINCE NOVEMBER 2002 SO I AM NOT SURE IF IT JUST LIKE YOURS, I FIXED MINE YESTERDAY BY JUST DELETING ALL MY CHANNELS AND RESCANNING THEM, BEFORE I DID THAT I UNPLUGGED MY RECIVER FOR A FEW MINUTES AND THEN DELETED AND RESCANNED, I AM NOW GETTING THE PICTURES BUT STILL NO WTVF OR CBS LOGO I JUST GET THE 56-1 OR 56-2
I fixed my problem by deleting all my local channels digital and analog and re scanning them ,for some reason i could not just rescan I had to remove them all and then rescan ,but I still have no wtvf heading it says 56-1 56-2 but I can pick them both up now on my system 56-2 is regular cbs and 56-1 is 5+
hey that worked thanks a lot for your help
I have tried adding the stations manually which still shows a good signal but no picture I have found out that the psip data has been changed and other people in my area had the channel # changed but the can still recieve the picture is there something extra I need to do with my model 6000u reciever I think made by jvc that I am not doing?
i have re scanned and it picks up channel 56-1 and 56-2 but still no picture but still recieve a strength meter