or Connect

Posts by splinters

There are no official Sharp documentation so I would assume it's similar as the LC-80LE650U. Which means Edge-Lit LCD, 4 HDMI, basic color and contrast. Usually they do this to price protect the main 650 model from price-matches to other retailers, so they will make a specialty version that is cheaper, but has a different model number to avoid channel conflicts and price matching wars.I would guess this is the same thing. With the costco warranty, this is a great value for...
The reason there isn't a 4K blu-ray in many ways is that the standards are still being worked out. Specifically the HDMI 2.0 spec which will the basis for the new chipsets that need to be made. Cables are still the same but the chips on each of the connection will need to be HDMI 2.0 compliant and so Sony had to go to production months ago with no HDMI 2.0 spec and therefore no chips to even broadcast 4K. So any thoughts of the PS4 being a 4K player at launch were pretty...
Last day to get in on the offer, so tempting....
Interesting choices, the JVC is not considered in the same price range as the AE8000 and the 5020UB, so if you can afford that one, that would be a great choice. If your more in the $2500-3000 range, I would suggest the 5020UB over the AE8000 since it has a better lifetime warranty, cheaper bulb ($299 vs $399), and overall better calibrated lumens. Here's a good review that goes over the main talking points of the AE8000 vs the...
I've seen it used in a home built in the 1920's, speed may not be as fast, but it seems to work from what I can tell. Just buy it from a local store to verify it works and if it doesn't, send it back. Having a reliable 200Mbps connection is a lot better than an unreliable (wifi) based one IMO. -Splints
Interesting issue. Sounds like there are a variety of issues that may be going on, but wireless interference seems to the primary culprit. Just so you know, there are three channels that don't overlap, channels 1, 6, and 11. Most routers ship by default on channel 6 which means it is the most used channel and the most likely to have issues. Stay with 1 or 11 depending on what works best (or channel scan on your laptop to see which channels are the most prevalent, you will...
Hmm, quite a bit has happened, so let me ask a few basic questions. 1) How does the problem react when you are using a wired connection instead of a wireless? 2) What are the wireless settings you are using? Channel? (1-11) and speeds allowed (54Mbps? 108Mbps? etc)... 3) Do you get different error codes or errors from wired vs wireless? 4) what wireless router are you using? Hopefully I can understand the setup before I make any recommendations. -Splints
Congrads. Make sure you turn on wireless security, I would recommend WPA2-PSK (AES) if you can. It's not for your ps3 as much as it is to secure your internet surfing on your pc from prying eyes and keeping from spammers from doing some drive by spamming onto the internet. -Splints
From a networking perspective, getting a router will probably help if you want to share your internet connection to other PC's beyond your ps3. That said, the way to reset your cable modem is to hold down the reset switch for x seconds (check the cable modem manual for details). A hard reset will allow you to change interfaces and won't have you stuck with a non-working router. If you buy the router, you shoudl be able to return it in the first 30 days anyways. As for why...
I would also check to see if your tv has a firmware update. It sounds like their HDMI/HDCP hardware or software will need work given how proven the ps3 is. -Splints