or Connect

Posts by Shan

Looks like a great setup. Nice job!
On top of that, we all have to remember the SpeedTest numbers are, for the most part, the results of perfect conditions for a test. The tool picks the server with the lowest ping to ensure you have a close, low latency connection. Usually these servers are optimized for this testing. In the real world there will be many more hops (routers you pass through) between you and the server. Each of these negatively impacts latency and speed and a single router on the path...
I don't know how long it takes to determine if something is going to hold up well, but Roman has been selling these chairs for 2+ years, a lot of them in Bonded, and I have not seen any comments from folks suggesting they don't hold up well.I would be worried if we were seeing a lot of negative comments. Either way, I have seen a lot of horror stories with chairs made out of real leather as well. I think it depends less on the Leather vs. Bonded and more on the quality...
From who? And how could you even test it? No one is serving 1Tbps of data. I can't imagine how many downloads you would have to start to actually see those speeds. Would be fun to find out tho.
I had been considering getting a Cable connection along with my FIOS connection and loadbalancing them. You are pretty happy with the loadbaance setup? No reliability issues at all?Shan
Thanks JP. I appreciate seeing an example of what I was talking about earlier. While PB is good it may lead people to think they can stream more than they really can.Shan
I am in Sherwood actually. I think Frontier is my only option for FIOS and last time I checked the 35/35 was the highest Synchronous connection speed. I have been happy with Frontier's FIOS in that they delivery 36Mpbs up and down all day long. For the most part, it is fine, but I would not mind a speed jump. I'll have to see if Fibersphere is out here. Thanks!!!
I suspect you are one of the lucky few then. Comcast does not deliver anything even close to that here in Portland and they continue to advertise Comcast with Powerboost.Glad to hear yours will hold that all. Very surprised and glad to hear that. Are you in a new development where there may not be many folks on your central office connection? Are they advertising something special there? If you don't mind me asking, where are you located?Would be nice to see that come...
Based on what I have read, the file is not very large...on the order of 25MB or so. I guess one could guess at it by timing how long the download takes and multiplying that by the download rate and dividing by 8 to give a rough size. If you see 90-100Mbps+ on downloads from cable it is most likely due to bursting traffic. While some cable companies do offer 100Mbps speeds, it is almost always noted as "Up to 100Mbps." If you see that, it is because of the...
Before people get too jealous, most need to understand that Speedtest sites don't work for cable companies like Comcast and Cox since they both have their own version of Speedboost or Powerboost which provides dramatically more bandwidth at the beginning of a connection. Most people will not see 100mbps sustained on Cable. They'll see extremely fast downloads for smaller files and the first part of large files then the bandwidth will drop back down. While this is great...