or Connect

Posts by hoffmand34

A lot of sub videos look this way because of scan rates of the camera vs the frequency being played. Some videos look like the woofer is playing at an angle most of the time.edit: this is one of the funnier ones http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iEa2NpcfwkM
Thanks to all your hard work, my grills arrived yesterady
Other than being an ID speaker company, eD has very little in common with the "other" company you're talking about. I never purchased from them but met MLS a number of times so I followed that story until it's end. eD isn't selling gift certificates, holding raffles, taking pre-orders for new products years before they're ready.....
That's a bit over the top, don't you think? I'll be the first to admit that eD has some obvious customer service issues to address (amp warranties and leadtimes) but calling them a Ponzi scheme is a little dramatic. My order took 2 1/2 months to deliver, maybe it's because I'm not a preferred customer. Not ideal by any means but lots of other small companies have long leadtimes. eD just needs to step up and communicate those leadtimes since it just undermines their...
eD[C]12 . I think those, SHO-10 or JTR T8 would suite your needs quite well.
I was also considering upgrading my center so I could understand dialogue better. I ended up replacing my front 3 speakers with high-efficiency speakers and that fixed the issue completely. Dialogue is clear without having to bump up the level for the center.
My system isn't quite as impressive as Carp's and Nezff's, but I couldn't be happier. I went with the stock compression driver since Brett said the DE250 really shines at a higher SPL than I need. I've listened for a few minutes at 5db below reference and can't imagine watching a whole movie that loud. It sounds great for a little while but it's just not necessary IMO. I'm driving them with a Pioneer Elite SC-35 and certainly don't need any more power than it...
Here you go. Matte finish eD[c]12 with stock drivers and Rythmik FV15HP running off a Pioneer Elite SC-35. The receiver is a monster but looks tiny next to the center. And that's a 108" diag screen for scale. These are not small speakers.... Couldn't be happier with how it sounds. Movies sound clear and uncompressed and bass is unbelievable no matter how loud I go. I upgraded from Energy e:XL 26 towers and matching center. Those still sounded great for 12 yr old...
Can the 4 cu ft enclosure be modified (by me) for a ported application? I'm looking at the Rythmik plans and this could work if i can fit a 9x11" plate amp and two 3" dia, 18" long aeroports.
I guess I can post in the owner's thread now I ordered a pair of cinema 12's and matching 12" center 2 1/2 months ago, despite the posts about bad amplifiers and long wait times. My sub is a Rythmik (no-brainer, they are local) so I wasn't concerned with eD amplifiers. And I knew what I was in for with the wait time despite them quoting 2-3 weeks (I ordered after their "everything will be in stock" blog post, lol). Anyway, here are my impressions so far. I've...