or Connect

Posts by maxtower

Anyone know anything about this? Check this box out. What do you think of it. I think this is what I was always looking for. Too bad I already own a DVD player and Xbox. ApeXtreme
This is a new machine, which if it works well could be pretty awesome. Let me know what you think about it. ApeXtreme Anyone have any information on it besides the above? Max www.maxtower.com
Check this box out. What do you think of it. I think this is what I was always looking for. Too bad I already own a DVD player and Xbox. ApeXtreme Max www.maxtower.com
Are Tivo lifetime subscriptions transferrable?
Are there any companies selling a Freevo or similar box that I can buy already setup? I don't want to buy a Tivo and face that monthly charge every month when you can get basically the same features for free. Max
Ok, so theres a bunch of features they all use to try to differentiate themselves. I guess I need to find out what those are. I just don't want to buy a piece of crap. Whats the deal with Showstopper then? Is it a replay without the subscription? Basically I am trying to find out what the subscription services get you. It seems like all the parts are there to allow it to work without a subscription. Is that what a showstopper is?
Why would I want to get a Tivo or Replay when I could get the RCA DRS7000N which does the same thing with no monthly fee?
Thats awesome!! Exactly what I have been looking for. Too bad I already own a DVD player. Why would anyone buy a Tivo with this thing available?
With software like Freevo out there, is there any product that can timeshift television like a Tivo but without the subscription fee? Surely some hardware manufacturer can see that the biggest thing stopping people from buying a tivo is the unnecessary subscription. I would just build an HTPC, but that would cost more than a Tivo + lifetime subscription. ugh. frustrating Max
Yeah I am getting a new laptop so I thought I might be able to use the old computer for something. Looks like its just going to be cheaper and less painful to buy a tivo that does it. Max