or Connect

Posts by zooey91

Just bought the 30xbr910, and am having Comcast install the HD box on Monday. Assuming it's the 6200 (one would hope; that's what I hear they're installing in San Francisco), I have a couple of questions about the setup. First, though, I don't want to give up ReplayTV for standard broadcast shows. I'm thinking of running the 6200's composite and S-video outputs into Replay and Replay into the TV for standard, and using either the 6200's dvi or component outputs into...
OK, I experimented with a 7 minute clip. I successfully burned a dvd using dvarchive, mpeg2works, and toast 6. One question: the audio is fine through my TV, but I don't get any audio through my digital audio link to my receiver. I know I can't get 5.1 channel sound out of a rtv file, but can I just get digital stereo? Jim
Just out of curiousity, is it out of the question for Replay to upgrade so that the files are dvd - capable mpeg2 files? Perhaps Replay has some kind of copyright agreement forcing them to make the users jump through hoops to archive to DVD, but there's now a combination TIVO/DVD recorder so . . . . I guess the next question is if Replay could make such a change, would they be able to do it through a software upgrade to 5xxx units, or whether we'd need to purchase a...
Quote: Originally posted by Paco II If your DVDs are jittery, why are you using Gumby? Using ReplayTV Toolshell/Toolkit + Toast, I've made excellent DVDs. Curious why you are sticking with Gumby? Paco II: Could you do the cliff notes version of the steps you take? I've just made the leap to hook up my RP to my network, and was able to downlaod a show (about 64 minutes) using dvarchive. I've downloaded the toolshell and toolkit, and have toast. ...