or Connect

Posts by 99RedSi

Would this be fairly easy to fix if I cracked it open? I'm not stuck on 8" subs - I just don't want to spend a whole heck of a lot since my wife and I don't watch movies very often anymore and listen to music only occasionally.
The fuse WAS blown. Put in a new fuse of the same exact size/type/amperage and it buzzed and blew it too . Got some PMs from some folks that have a Super 8 for sale, though! Any other recommended, 8" subs?
My Orb Audio Super 8 sub recently quit on me. I had it hooked up to an outlet WITH a surge, so it couldn't have been a power spike. When I try to cycle the power on the amp (and unplug/plug to the wall), the red light on the back of the amp doesn't come on. I'm sure the driver is fine but it looks like the 200W BASH Hybrid amp is fried. I'm ticked off and honestly don't want to spend a whole heck of alot (SVS is probably out of the question) to replace as I have had a...
I have a June 2008 model of the Harman Kardon AVR-354 receiver and the display (and a clicking noise) are popping out RANDOMLY when I'm watching TV, listening to music via the Bridge, or watching a Blu-Ray. I'm using HDMI for all connections except for the TV source (my 2009 Mac Mini), which uses a TOS-LINK (optical) cable for audio. Once the glitch occurs, the display shuts off, a clicking sound comes from the receiver, and the audio is turned off for about 15...
Ok maybe the setup isn't complex but I'm trying to help them get the best video/audio quality possible out of their setup in my search for a new receiver for them. TV: Toshiba 52" HD RPTV - best video connection is component (2002 model). Speakers: Bose Acoustimass system from the mid '90s (yes, I know, it sucks). Satellite In: S-Video based, non-HD DirecTV DBS box. They do not have the money to upgrade to HD video to get a better box (component out, even). DVR: ...
So I have Comcast for basic TV service and internet. Basic TV cost - $16.99 Internet (CHSI Performanc Plus) - $44.99 I thought I heard that since I'm on the Basic service, the channels are QCAM. If that is the case, am I just wasting $16.99 per month if I can get internet for the same price elsewhere?? Or do I *need* their basic service for those main, few channels (ABC, NBC, CBS, FOX, etc)??
I would be interested in buying the AVR987, if it's exactly the same as the 2807 - send me a PM. I'll be buying in the next month, so timing is perfect. Thanks!
Am thinking of buying a used Denon AVR-2807 for my Dad for Father's Day. He has a very simple, old 5.1 setup consisting of a 52" Toshiba RP-HDTV (480p max screen res), Bose Acoustimass (yes, I know) 5.1 system, Toshiba DVD recorder, and a DirecTV box. I like the AVR-2807 primarily for the 2nd set of component outputs to allow him to use his Toshiba DVD recorder. He is married to that thing lol. And it will allow him to convert his entire setup to component video,...
Which stations are Clear QAM? I'm also thinking of just downgrading my cable to Comcast Limited Basic and using the El Gato Eye TV 250 Plus for the TV interface. However, the local HD stations need to come in as Clear QAMs - anyone know if the major 4 are clear QAM in Peoria? Thanks
I live in North Peoria/Dunlap and am tired of paying Comcast an exorbitant amount of money per month for channels I don't watch. I'm sure that phrase is played out and has been heard to death on this thread . I live 11.9 - 13.2 miles from the CBS, NBC, and ABC towers. I live about 26 miles from the FOX towers. I'd like a recommendation on an indoor HD antenna and everyone's EXPERIENCES with the visual/audio quality. I'm not going to bother if the reception...