or Connect

Posts by Innhitman

I should have my new projector and screen delivered and mounted in just a few days ( also ordered the Darblet). I ordered all items based on web reviews, etc. I have seen older DILA projectors at past CES'.. but other than that it is impossible to view projectors in my area.... even large retailers do not have them on display. I went to BHPhoto last week to view the Panny 8000, but it was on display out in the open store against a white wall.... all of the store...
Hi. I am in the market for a new projector.... I am leaning toward the JVC (x35 or x55), but noise is a major issue with me..... Can any of the current owners comment on the noise.... Does switching to the low bulb mode make the unit too dark for movie viewing.... I can control my ambient light for movie viewing, but for normal TV viewing I might have some lights on in the room.. Thanks O
I take delivery of my 60" today and I am scared to death..... the good thing is I bought it direct... and got the Sony warranty.... I have purchased MANY MANY ultra high end products in audio/video.... I can't remember buying one that seems to have so many bugs.... Am I nuts? I just hope I catch lightning in a bottle with mine and get one bug free... I also ordered the Colorvision SpyderTV device which calibrates the screen with the help of your PC ( I have...
oops, I didn't really know that.... either way, they are true halcro sound... but not dm 58/68ish.
I love the Halcro digital amps... but unless I misread the previous post, they are not of the level that their monoblocks are.... This is not a knock on the diigital amps from Halcro... they are great!!!! But the ss Halcro amps are something even more special.... As far as the ssp100 is concerned, the preamp section is far more pure ( to my ears) than any other pre/pro have owbed or heard... I would bet if you were impressed by the Halcro digital amps, then...
Chris: That's what makes the world go 'round Enjoy your new home and new Home Theater....
Bulldogger... do a search of my posts... I have owned just about ALL the top names... and then some..... from Chord. to Lex, to Meridian, to SIMAUDIO to Adcom ( very early on) to Onkyo ( even earlier on) to yamaha ( when they first came out with the sound field processing).... and it seems like a dozen more in between... some that I don't even remember....
I finally hooked up two additional speakers to bring it to full 7.1... also made an adjustment by placing side speakers directly on the side... a,d not slightly behind... the improvement is amazing.... the Halcro setup now puts in smack in the middle of the action.... The seperation is fanastic.... and the most refined I have owned..... it aint cheap... but it's worth it... to me...
Try to find a used JM Labs Sub Utopia BE.... the presence and depth... is pretty incredible.... very flexible as well.... I imagine you could find one used for 3K... just a thought.... but if u top out the budget for the sub, a used JM Lab would be on the top of my list.
Chris: Right now I am using a DV-50s DVD player.... Merlin VSM-MX speakers with center and surrounds... I am considering selling and buying new speakers that give a taller presentation.... Merlin is a great 2 channel speaker... but probably not my first choice for HT.... I also have other sources... but I will keep my comments to the DVD player for now.... If 2 channel sound quality is a 1 on a scale of 10, then do not get the halcro.... the frustrating...