or Connect

Posts by BardoBill

The dallas.thistv.com website now reflects a 33.3 channel and 12/6 ETA. I can't believe neither WFAA nor ThisTV mentioned these changes publicly, especially that they didn't mention it on Twitter. I haven't checked Facebook but I suspect neither did there, either. So far I haven't seen anything terribly interesting on LWN, except for Rick Bayless. But I'm used to seeing him on PBS. Speaking of, has anyone heard whether KERA has any plans to start up any more subchannels? I...
Works fine as a regular widget in OSX 10.4.3, for me. It'd be awesome if updater functions could be wrapped up in a widget, also :)
Quote: Originally posted by BaysideBas What was that RCA videodisc using a stylus? Was that Divx? That's CED . I remember being entranced by a display at Sears, of JAWS, not just because the movie would have been forbidden for me to see otherwise, but also because I could stop the action! In the middle! Of an attack! :) Of course, someone who actually owned this type of system would see signal degrade as sections wore down if he did this a lot,...
I just saw something with that name over at Overstock, advertised as a PVR with "CD Recorder" and DVD playback? Anyone ever heard of these things? (I'm a ReplayTV user, so mostly just scoping out the competition :) )
Quote: Originally posted by jones07 There's that poor management problem rising its ugly head again. You would think they would want to gives old monthly customers a opportunity to fork over 250 bucks on top of the many monthly payments they have already made...........Is anyone thinking over there at DNNA ? :( How long have you had to make up your mind? Buried in the paperwork for the Replay is mostly likely a notice saying they have the right to...
Quote: Originally posted by rmbracalente I have had a 5080 for almost a year now on the $9.95/month plan. I called earlier today to upgrade to lifetime, and instead of the usual $250, it's now $299. This seems to fly in the face of the information I received in the past that, as long as I kept my monthly payments current, I would be subject to the "old pricing model". To me, the "old pricing model means both $9.95/month as well as $250 for lifetime. So,...
Yeah. Of course, that also means you need a computer to be in the same room as the RTV, but in an emergency it works. Makes typing searches a lot easier, actually.
Quote: Originally posted by lizard_boy Lee, If you don't feel right about taking the money how about a $500 donation to the EFF? Or, um, to AVSForum? :rolleyes:
In the meantime, you can use the remote built into DVArchive if you have a house network.
Quote: Originally posted by BaysideBas BardoBill, my last Maxtor rebate was received by them on July 10th and I got my check about 10 days ago. That makes it about 90 days. Be patient. Yikes. Thanks for letting me know. I might call them, though, like some others in this thread seem to have done, and pressure them with questions, pretty soon. I see that Western Digitals are now on rebate offer, for around $15 more than the Maxtors' rebate prices....