or Connect

Posts by rocky01

I wouldn't go overboard with pressure but we have not babied it. Only when you see dust on the surface -- we run Therapure Hepa Air Filter so essentially dust free environment; it's only needed say every six months*. You've got your money's worth with this set and I for one do not expect to have it repaired out-of-warranty since buying new would be wisest thing to do, if and when the time comes. Anything bigger than 55 inches defintely dominates the room so WAF is built...
Congrats on wise buying decisionI started out seeing banding on snow scenes for example but just normal infrequent cleaning with LCD screen gel, followed by light horzontal and vertical strokes with a microfiber cloth and now we see no banding -- and have come to the conclusion that screen non-uniformity was WAY over blown. Agree the picture is sensational, once you say dial it in with Avia disk.Agreed. My Chang Lishtspeed has survived lightning hitting the house....
Appreicate the reply ...
This maybe saves me some trouble, since I've had a mind to transfer my JVC-HMDH40000U Olympics dvhs video to Blu .. for some time now, scouring these pages. That is unless someone nails a Win7x64 (or x32) straightfoward procedure and feels particularly generous in the future
I'm assuming you mean Linux? Ubuntu?
Is it possible to record or transfer DVHS recordings of a firewire compatible DVR to Windows 7 or Vista x64 yet?
Avoid firmware updates unless something is terribly wrong, especially when representatives/technicians can't supply to you what's in it. This doesn't just apply to Sharp.
From description, a whole row of resistors has gone up in smoke and is more common than one would think. If that's the case, the set is toast; hopefully under warranty! BTW even though plasmas have also improved lately I want one of the new 55" LED sets (Samsung) that list for $5,000.00 next, but so far the big screen Sharp LCDs we have are performing great without noticeable banding or other anomolies. One of ours started out with very faint banding on some program...
If you don't mind removing the back, you can forestall or eliminate the need to replace colorwheels and bulbs by vaccuuming out the dust that accumulates inside the projection TV in a normal dusty environment. That includes the two fans inside that can clog up with this normal room dust. Once inside, the heat and debris can take out the set's components as it blankets them. You end up with mounting heat retention and physical obstruction that reduces components lifespan....
I couldn't find the parts diagram earlier, however I did find it later while looking for something else. Natch. [IMG]http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/attac...4&d=1167409857[/IMG] Hope this helpful to someone