or Connect

Posts by khellandros66

Chances are its a bad mic.. call Denon, get it replaced. If the problem persists post your findings show us the graphs use REW to confirm your beliefs. Otherwise bashing a working product is pretty sophmoric.
You need a codec pack that supports the passthrough of it. I know the ffdshow pack might, not sure on others. I have the 570gtx now I gotta test this later to see if I get it running. I will need a dts-hdma clip. Its not a denon or audyssey issue ita a user expectation that they will get certain results and get something more revealing. Having 512x filters on each channel the system can attend to more subtle changes and its just showing through. XT mostly does...
I bet if you ran REW you'll find two things a dip at 125hz (mid to sub xover) and 1khz due to the bipolar design. Keeping in mind the 7002, 7001, and 7000's are a 3 way design for the front and rear mtm sections. try taking XT32's 4th and 5th mic placements from on top of each tower. For me and a buddy we found this really halped a lot Mic 1-3 at main seating area, 4 & 5 on top of the towers, 6-8 behind or out in front of of the main seating. If you have two rows then...
Denon 4311 a UPA-1 as a center amp +2 XPA-5's, PS3 Slim for BD and Netflix HD w/ DD+ this leaves money left over to add DSX Height and Wide speakers. All in all a win if you ask me!
Onkyo need to offer XT32 updates that's bs otherwise. If not we need a good programmer on here with spare time to hack the 3008/5008 XT32 firmware for us to throw it on our 1007,3007, and 5007s please!
Honestly get a emotiva xpa-2 I haven't heard anything better for the money. Just having large gauge speaker wire, a good preamp with 120db snr is all you need for holosoic detail. what I would love is a Audyssey based preamp/dac for 2.1ch, have a single dsp running audyssey to handle pcm, analog, and dsd. Using a good Sabre Hyperstream one per channel ADC stage and. 3 DACs like the Sabre 9018's. Running end to end. You would have uparalleled snr and speaker/room...
Its not a matter of the player but how the disc is authored. The matrix on hd-dvd defaults to DD 5.1 and no TrueHD. Always bugged me its like really does the author think we all are utilizing legacy equipment and usually the players output the core codec over legacy spdif anyways! Duh... The time frame for audyssey will vary no matter what, its all about the cmplexity of the speakers and room. Remember it fixes phase, time alignment, timbre, nulls and modes. So the...
Audyssey is probably on its own dsp my 3007 has three total and one is just for XT.. you need to realize the amount of calculations XT32 does is close to 512x more... also the reason why people need to make adjustments etc is xt32 is more precise. You need proper mic placement and good acoustics too. A proper room is what's needed first then XT32 to step in to fix other issues.
Fyi anyone doing DSX the wides can be placed closer to the listeners as long as they are within 50-70degree angles.. if you have towers pretty wide apart I suggest moving dsx wides 1/3rd the distance from the front wall to the side surrounds. Keeping them pretty ideal location.
Truewarrior that boost around 125hz is due to the subwoofer to mids xover. If you compare before/after you would see about a 4-6db dip beforehand and a 4-6db boost for smoothing aftward. Look at any of the BP700# reviews you'll see the dip (from 100-150hz usually around -6db) the crossover uses a staggered LPF/HPF for this. Sometimes its too agressive or the room itself creates a mode or null here. I wouldn't suggest a bass trap near the tower as this might suck up...