or Connect

Posts by khellandros66

Look on audiogon for a used onkyo tx-sr805 it will be a much better value than a nib receiver costing $300-400 The 805 is a monster at 50lbs its got losts of headroom for efficient speakers like hsu or klipsch. Plus wit Audyssey MultEQ XT you're gonna correct a lot of room issues that other nib receiver you mentioned wont.
For $15,000 you could do a lot! I'd consider this an amazing setup... CLD RS4T's, RS4CC, RS.5's, for a sub I'd say SVS PB-13 Ultra After reading the manual for it I would sell the arcam for a onkyo 5508 preamp or denon 4311 imo audyssey multeq xt32 is too good a value to pass over. Both units are going to have a good output stage, and really a lot more processing power too....according to what saw in the manual, that arcam doesn't offer any more means to calibrate the...
Quote: Originally Posted by Gooddoc Okay, just loaded my 4311 into my truck. My wife is not going to like me. A new HT toy and the time demands of the Christmas holiday is not going to mix well...but she'll get over it Long story short, my ex gf whom I am getting back together with (yes we are taking things slowly) was excited when she came home and saw I bought the Onkyo 3007... Also has anyone resolved the issues of dropout or blue rain? ...
It decouples the sub from the room, thus not transient vibrations (duct work etc) The sub now plays in free form within the room I have a Great Gramma, I can go either way, to me its very much room dependent as well. I live in an apartment which an old house built in the 1890s, this place is mostly plaster on brick, ain't nothing vibrating in here and I can achieve over 100dB at -10 from reference. However living in my folks place I had to use it cause it was a house...
Man at some point I am going have really consider integrating a 2ch system in with my current HT setup. I'd have to consider, maybe sometime late next year, I do want lasik eye surgery, very much and will have to set aside other ambitions to achieve that but this is what I am considering as a 2ch system. Oppo BDP-95 (BD player for main HT, SACD/CD/HDCD Player for 2ch using XLR) Emotiva XSP-1 (xlr direct for 2ch, HT bypass for movies.) Emotiva USP-1 x 2 (Duet...
Its times like this that I wish my brother was more of an audiophile, he could be such an insight, considering he is about to graduate with his BA in Mechanical Engineering.. He could probably mathematically break down anything posted on here and tell you exactly what its strengths and weaknesses are too.
No problem!
Id hold out for the emotiva xsp1 preamp, the volume control and snr is going to be magnificent. Beyon that I would look for a diy kit taking the dsd/pcm and pass it raw to a sabre dac. Across the the system you should maintain 120db snr at worst. The amp I would look at is emotiva upa1 or vincent audio hybrid. Both should be very excellent sounding for vinyl, sacd, bd, cd etc. As for speakers take a close look at cld (clearwavedesign on htguide) the symphonia 7.2, the...
BPX's are awesome speakers, even bp2x's would improve the imaging. I am actually considering used BPX's for my DSX wides
Have you actually experienced a DSX system? I don't think you have based on your statements. The sweet spot is widened due to the wides, the information is derrived from sounds normally imaged from the front to side channels. You could say its just like prologic ii and how it derives a center speaker from 2ch source. The heights are information such as imaging. The sounds I've heard in both on my setup were discrete information.I think 11.2 is just amazing, even 9.2...