or Connect

Posts by JimmyJoe

Thanks again for your help. I played around with a changing CIH from 60" to 50" and really like the 60" better. I think I am going to stick with the larger screen, it just feels so much better to me. If I went smaller I would probably not be satisfied. I went ahead and ordered the HVLP Paint Sprayer 2900 and a 1.5mm tip so I plan on spraying my screen. I'm good with it being a little harder to mix and cost a little more in supplies so would the SF v2.5 1.0 be best for...
Why is RS-MaxxMudd LL a better choice than Silver Fire for me? Also, why the LL not the standard? Thanks!
Still reading through the whole Silver Fire v2 thread but got me thinking maybe I should reduce my screen size. I guess what I should have been asking is what is the optimal DIY screen SIZE and solution for my room to balance my projector and make sure I have enough light output to have an amazing picture with some ambient light? Should I make my screen smaller?
Thanks MM. I played around with the projector central calculator and realized that I only get 8 foot lamberts at 19'8" so I will go ahead and ceiling mount the projector around 16'7" since that will give me 12 foot lamberts. In that example what substrate is used? Which would you recommend? I currently have a orange-peel texture on my wall. I can't tell that there is orange peel on the wall when I am watching something now. I have never used a paint sprayer before,...
I am looking for suggestions for a DIY screen for my multi-purpose bonus room. In our old house we had a Panasonic AE-900 and a do-able board 16:9 screen and loved it. We moved into a larger home, and have a bonus room that is odd shaped (see my plans below for dimensions) but approx 16'x22'. There will be ambient light coming into the room from windows on the side and doorways in the back. I could blackout the windows and doorways but probably won't. I have Paradigm...
Ok, I feel a little stoopid but I answered my own question. I was looking at the projector on the pile of boxes, thinking it didn't look level and was pointing up a little. Duh! I leveled the projector and now it works as expected.
Just hooked up my AE7000U but can't figure out why I can't get CIH zoom working properly with the lens centered just below the top of the projected image. I thought this should work fine. My screen height is 60" so that gives me 120" 16x9 and 150" 2.35:1. Trying to get the projector all dialed in before mounting it. I currently have the projector sitting at a throw distance of 19'8". I manually centered the 16:9 image top to bottom, with no electronic offsets and...
I will be soon joining the paradigm family and have some questions for you guys. 100% Movies, don't care much about music. Room is a bonus room 16'x23' and not dedicated. I am going with the monitor series and trying to decide between v6 and Series 7. Since I am interested in movies, I think I want the larger drivers and am planning on going with Monitor 11. I am using a Denon 3806 and Emotiva XPA-5. Not excited at all about the Series 7 being made in China. Also...
Exactly. Paradigm has changed the pricing on the Monitor line from "pair" to "each".
Don't know, didn't ask, sorry.Nope. He did tell me he doesn't have pricing for the surrounds yet.