or Connect

Posts by shanewalker

Great post, aside from your rural location, a LOT mirrors our viewing experiences (likewise, Dish is my fave premium service--Voom before that) and my current focus on the DVR experience as a requisite for 'cord cutting' w/out undue withdrawal.The Tivo Roamio, a Stream and a couple of Minis are on my 'wish list'. I'm supposing I should get a good antenna installed either in the attic or on our soon-to-be decommisioned sat dish first though.We also just upgraded our...
After checking all my other equipment and finding that the Dish 722k receiver was the only piece of equipment suffering IR interference from the Sony HDTV, I did some searching elsewhere. Problem is real. Here's one link: http://www.satelliteguys.us/dish-net...rf-remote.html
Do you have Backlighting up past 'min' and/or the Ambient Sensor on or off? Just curious if your settings prevent the issue. Also, might be something native to sensitivities of the particular IR pattern/freq of the Dish DVR controls and the features of the set mentioned (since you have DirecTV equip)?
Did you find anyone else that confirmed your issue--because I experienced the same thing (see post above)...and did you find a robust workaround/solution? Thx!
Sorry if this has been covered elsewhere in this thread or another, did a search and didn't see it: anyone ever have either the backlighting or the ambient adjustment somehow seemingly interfere w/ the use of their IR remote in controlling another device? Just hooked up my new Sony KDL-55EX500 and found that I could no longer use either my Harmony 880 or the original Dish DVR remote to control my 722k Dish reciever (located on a shelf above the TV), unless I put the...
Interested in doing the same thing, but now scratching my head about the 'online content' limitations w/ pre-Intel hardware. My goal of using a G4 Powerbook in the home theater was to recycle a soon-to-be retired laptop and bypass need for a GoogleTV settop or Mac Mini for web-based content browsing. Seems the Intel switch is proving more a roadblock than I'd anticipated as the lack of Flash etc support will likely be a big issue moving forward...although it doesn't keep...
Having some playback issues using PowerDVD Ultra (7.3 updated) and a USB Buffalo MediaStation HD-DVD/Blu-ray combo drive. It's a dual boot XP system on newish Mac Pro hardware (8-core/10GB ram). XP is patched SP3, all else updated and running smoothly. My video card is a capable ATI from late 08 (ATI Radeon HD 2600 XT), not top gear but not the worst--better than my '06 Toshiba laptop's video hardware (which is running the same PowerDVD and works fine). Getting lots of...
Thanks...good to know. Right now I'm just hoping I get the drive as ordered--I purchased from an untried vendor thru Amazon Marketplace (caiman) that, while highly rated on Amazon, turns out to have a not-so-stellar rep elsewhere in the web reseller review sites. Wish me luck.
Sorry if this has been covered elsewhere, but my searches found nothing specific to the external version of the LG combo drive, the LG BE06LU10. I have one on order and plan on using it w/ my Toshiba Qosmio laptop along with my existing installs of AnyDVD HD and PowerDVD Ultra 7.3 (which I've used to successfully play back HD-DVDs w/ my Xbox 360 external drive). So, any particular issues you can see w/ this configuration and the LG drive or should it be plug-n-play like...
I do have a USB2 PC card. That will speed things up. Besides migrating the music, I plan on using this port w/ a couple of USB2-equipped drives to play back MPEG-2 HD recordings out via firewire through my D-VHS deck once the laptop is in my main A/V rack. So, just to be clear--should I let the app do the migration, or just copy my files off the internal HDD to the external music folder/HDD and let the finder replace the dupe tracks w/ those that have cover metadata etc.?