or Connect

Posts by tmnjus

Per the manual, the VM7632 IS bidirectional, and should support passing the reverse path back to the cable company. Unfortunately, I can't find any detailed specs on it which state what freq. range it passes. It could be that your cable company uses a freq. for it's reverse path that this amp doesn't pass. I suggest you contact your cable company and ask them what freq. they use for their reverse path, then contact the manufacturer to verify if it should work or...
You will also get more luck browsing the Home A/V Distribution Forum for additional CAV related info. Tom
The variable line outs on the CAV are controlled by the keypad, so when you adjust the volume on the keypad, it adjusts both the internal and external amps. You will want to "level" the external amp volume so that you have the volume balance you want between the two rooms. Once this is done, just utilize the keypads. You will not be able to "volume down" one room at a time with this set up. You could run your speakers through a separate volume control, which would let...
Well, the LRC1 is a remote that can be used to control either the CAV, or any other device via IR (as long as the other device has it's IR extended via the S2 keypads or some other IR extender). So, for example, if you have a tuner as a source for the CAV, and you extend it's IR via the S2s, you can use the LRC1 to change the CAV source to the tuner, and also control the tuner...all from your chair. Here's the S2/LRC1 uner manual if that helps. Tom
One other thought...how tall is your pool table? Regulation height for a ping pong table is 30". Most pool tables are 30-34", so that would put the playing surface higher than you may be used to. I found this to take a bit of adjusting to when we got ours...
Not sure what your budget is, but a quick google found full-size conversion tops (brand names) in the $330 range, shipping included.
Not to put a damper on things, but bleach won't do it. Bleach can be effective on "solid, non-porous" surfaces such as counter tops, etc, but not on wood. I did some detailed investigation on this 2 years ago for our house. You need a biocide or anti-microbial to totally kill the mold. The actual composition of bleach prevents it from being absorbed deeply into wood, and thus does not kill the deep spores. They will grow back. Do a google on "bleach mold" and there...
Check out the Home Theater Computers forum on this site. There are hours and hours of good reading on this exact subject. The options are almost endless. Basically, you can do all of this with no problem. You can chain multiple cases (without motherboards) to a main computer/server via ESATA. You short out 2 pins on the PS cable to enable the PS to power the HDDs. Cat-5e or Cat-6 is fine, no need for fiber. From what I gather, you are looking to build a large file...
+1 for Roman (rtheaters.com). I had a couple issues with 2 of my 7 chairs and Roman took prompt care of them. Excellent service and price.
While it may work, IMHO you are asking for trouble. For example, for ethernet, you must make sure you keep the twist pattern consistent all the way to the connector (at each end). You untwist as little as possible to make the termination, and never more than 1/2 inch. And I wouldn't even try this for Gig-E (which requires all 4 pair, and is much more suseptable to noise, crosstalk, etc). Unless all your terminations are right next to each other, (such as at a patch...