or Connect

Posts by tmnjus

When you say "inject a channel", I assume you mean take the composite video and the audio outputs from a camera, DVD player, etc and be able to display that source on your TV. Yes this modulator will do that. However, I do not believe it is stereo. It has L/R audio inputs, but it does not modulate stereo. You would want the 1001ST (or similar) model for stereo. I have used multiple modulators in the past, and as long as you get one that lets you select the channel...
If you have not made your own Cat5 cables/connections before, this can be a PITA as mentioned above. There are Cat5 voice/data splitters available (do a google search on "voice data splitter". They range from $10-$20 ea, and must be used in pairs. Make sure you look specifically for Voice/Data. There are also Data (ethernet) only splitters. These would not work for your phones without modification. Ethernet uses wires 1,2,3 and 6 of a 4pr cable/jack. Voice uses...
Here is a product that should do what you are looking for: http://www.avtoolbox.com/avt3190.shtml Not cheap... Perhaps if you tell us what you are trying to accomplish, someone here could help you find a better way. What are your source and destination devices? If you have RF input on the destination device, perhaps a modulator may be a better option. Shoot us some more info. Tom
Lamplinc is a module that plugs into a standard outlet. It can be controlled remotely just like all other Insteon devices. The outlet does not require any special wiring. You can have multiple Insteon devices respond to the same remote controller (Controlinc, Keypadlinc, etc) This is called a Scene. The Lamplincs get their signals via the 115V power to the outlet. For more info on Isteon, check out http://www.insteon.net/products.html I plan on using 2...
If you are considering Insteon, why not just go with a lamplink module. The rope lite would plug into this and would be dimmable. This is what I am planning on for my 3 ceiling trays. I will actually have 2 modules in each tray, so I can have 2 different colored ropes, each seperately dimmable. Your way would work, but I think you would loose some flexibility. Tom
Here is the web site that compares multiple different speaker wires, including the extension cord referenced above. I went with the Sound King 10 ga, purchased at Parts Express. The mimimum order is 50', but it's always nice to have extra speaker wire around. audioholicscom/techtips/setup/interconnects/DIYSpeakerCablesp1.html Tom
I recently installed 18 ceiling speakers in our new house. I covered the speakers with visqueen (plastic sheeting used for vapor barrier on walls) then put my blown in insulation over that. So far that has worked great. Sound-wise, it may depend on the type of speakers you have, and the type of baffle they like. Other options I have seen is to build a box around each speaker, and insulate over that. If your speakers are hooked up, you could try one of each and...
Check out the SLP-1 from Vikingelectronics. It provides paging capabilities from standard analog telephones, including the ability for two people to talk privately over the phones and not the speakers once they get the page. It also provides doorbell chimes over the speakers, music on hold and other options. I plan on ordering one in the next couple of weeks for my CAV6.6.
Check out the Viking SLP-1. (Vikingelectonics) This should do everything you want it to do.