or Connect

Posts by scoob5555

I made a little more than necessary because I had the second screen to spray, too. I've just retrieved the sheet I used to buy and mix everything: ~50 mL Liquitex Naphthol Crimson Red ~25 mL Liquitex Phthalocyanine Green ~16 mL Liquitex Ultramarine Blue ~9 mL Liquitex Cadmium Yellow Deep Hue 20 oz Minwax Polycrylic Satin 24 oz Rustoleum Metallic Accents White Pearl 24 oz Liquitex Basics Silver 2 oz Liquitex Basics Gold 12 oz Behr 1850 Ultra Pure White Flat 40 oz...
I've projected on walls, an old Dalite, and several painted screens. This one is by far the best of the bunch. And with this pj at ~20 ft, I'm amazed, even with 3D material which I watch frequently. No regrets here and I liked the involvement painting it myself as the rest of the room was built by other folks. You learn a lot about the importance of mixing, fluidity and other flow properties, spray painting, sanding, and general logistics since any screen ~12' will...
Sounds like you're in a pretty similar situation to me. Follow what I did in March 2013 for my dedicated theater with the 8000. I ended up with a SF v2.5 2.5 for mine and it's worked out very well for me. My stuff starts here: http://www.avsforum.com/t/1311989/the-official-silver-fire-v-2-thread/990#post_22994127
Just wait for a few days or weeks for the paint to fully cure and you'll forget about painting it at all. You'll be too immersed to remember the hard work.
Thanks, Dave. I tried to get interested in the JP1 stuff many years ago, but then two kids, then a third came along and I never had the time. I know they have incredible capabilities, but I could never convince myself to take the plunge. And when the Harmony One came out, I knew that's what I needed to make it work easily for the wife and kids with no complaints (or very few at least). I think I still have the JP1 cable and a desktop that I can connect it to (serial...
Hi all, I'm looking for a good RF remote for my dedicated theater and I still have a few of the old URC-9910 RF remotes sitting here with IR eyes, etc. I never got into the JP1 part of those remotes but I am assuming that I could get it updated to control all of my components at least on a basic level. If anyone here has experience with updating with the JP1, please chime in. I also have (for 3-4 years) a Harmony One that absolutely rocks for my IR-only needs in the...
Hi all, I've had this receiver as my dedicated theater control center since the room was finished in March and there is, unfortunately a problem. The pre-out board is not, apparently working. I can't get any actual subwoofer output from the connections (either or both), but my subs do get some sort of signal that the receiver is outputting something because they both wake up. I've tried manipulating the speaker set up, increasing the output to the subs, etc, to no...
Wow, thanks, MM! Never seen that before. Will definitely need to do this next week when I get a spare few hours.
My only suggestion based on my recent experience is to be careful to not touch the screen during or after spraying. My screen was complete and my son was helping me put up the screen surround (with triple black velvet) when he touched the screen surface in a few places with typically grubby fingers. Guess what I can see now that we're watching movies? Frustrating and I will need to cover everything to run another one or two dusters on the screen to fix it. So be...
Another update: delays are the norm, but everything is painted and we're waiting on the special order carpet to be installed Monday. The whole room will be done Monday, so I'm really excited to have our first showing Monday night. Finding Nemo will be the first show. If the other two 3D glasses show up, then it'll be in 3D. Meanwhile I shone the projector on the new screen today for the first time. First impressions are very favorable. No hot-spots, no shimmers, no...