or Connect

Posts by scoob5555

Thanks for the response, Shan. I think the Inteon sounds like a reasonable way to go and will talk to the electricians this week about starting off with the lights. Which Harmony remote do you have? I have a Harmony One upstairs that I was thinking about moving down to the theater since it'll be more useful there. But it's not RF, so I may go back to my old URC9910 remote while I look at more powerful remotes to control everything down there. Scott
Hi guys, I'm having a theater built right now and honestly didn't think much about remote lighting control, system linking for automated actions, etc. But now that it's getting closer to finishing I realize that the lighting will be an issue since the two switches (overhead cans and sconces separately) are down by the entry door while I plan to be up in the seats starting the show. So I've been doing a little searching and it looks like there are a few options for Rf...
Mine are up. Covering three systems in the house.
Just a quick update: I received the projector yesterday. Holy cow! It's monstrously big! Like we're heading back into the old CRT projector territory big. I can't wait to see it in action! The new receiver is arriving today. Paint and trim being finished today. Carpet tomorrow or early next week. HVAC and electric should be finished next week, too.
Both screens are complete and look perfect, so far. I'll qualify that by saying no projector has yet shone on either screen since racing season has again begun and my priorities are shifting away from the theater (again). The only problem I had with the screen painting was around the logistics of spraying such a huge area. Luckily the contractor's two portable moveable scaffolds were available for use and I adapted them so I could spray the top 60% of the main screen,...
Done. Ended up doing one more coat on both screens last night before going to bed. That makes 8 total for the main theater screen and I think 7 for the kids screen. Both look spectacular. No time this weekend to do any viewing using the old Epson TW100 pj, but I'll try next week sometime. I'm very happy to have the main screen finished before the painters come to do the rest of the theater. Next week should be a hive of activity with paint, carpet, finishing the...
I think I have it completed. Did two more thicker coats tonight and it looks to be even and smooth. I'll wait for it to dry over night to see how it looks after drying. The main problem I have there is the amount of light available in the room since the lights aren't working yet. I only have my portable fluorescent I use for working on my cars. I have one more coat for the kids screen and I think that'll be good, too. Time to order the projector!
Finished for the night. Did 3 dusters then two heavier coats. I had one faux pas when my knee hit the hose and I looked down and didn't release the trigger, leaving me with a heavy spot by the time I realized what I'd done. So I had to wait for awhile while that dried and I sanded down to match the surrounding area. I had another minor incident when the hose disconnected from the gun right at the end of a row of the last coat. Some larger globs came out so I'll have...
OK, figured out a solution using two of the contractor's portable scaffolds: put the board up about 5' and tied them together using a ratcheting tie-down for stability. That gives me a good height with only one short barrier to step over for the whole length. The only bad part is that I can only reach about top 1/2 of the screen. Then I have to climb down, push the scaffolds back and do the bottom 1/2. It's the best solution I could find and I just finished the first...
Just an update: the room is about done and ready for paint. I decided to go with the silver fire v2.5 with a 3.0 pigment orientation. Last night I prepped the wall and primed with the sprayer. The logistics of the room have the top of the screen approx 10' off the floor so getting my short arms high enough to spray that high has been my main challenge. Luckily I have access to the contractor's portable moveable scaffolds to get up that high. But they are only 5 1/2' wide...