or Connect

Posts by scoob5555

I did get them to move the wall back another foot so I can get the seats off the back wall. All the Sheetrock is up and it's ready for paint. The seats arrived on time and will be perfect in the room. We chose a slate Gray for the walls and ceiling. Carpet will be a mid-pile and the color is 'Napa Valley'. Still deciding on the mouldings and color for those so I'm looking for ideas. I would also like to put up crown moulding at the ceiling and not white. Would the Napa...
Tonight is the night, at least for priming with the Graco. Since my screen will be close to 12' diagonal MM helped me to create a method for me to be able to spray up almost 10 ft off the ground.
Thanks for the clarification and that link. I had the Graco number, but was looking for the Wagner numbers. CC and DD don't help much. Timeline moved up again. Electric getting put in on Wed and the room will be ready for paint by next weekend. Now it's crunch time. Any suggestions on the part number for the 1.5 mm tip? Graco and Wagner, please. Is it the Earlex 1.5mm needle/tip?
Thanks a bunch. Looks like electric is the way to go to avoid all kids of issues. Now the big question: which ones are the current best of the best? I don't see any specific model numbers that are current (I cannot find the Wagner 01417210 anywhere now). Teh Wagner 01417005 is listed for about $55 now - is that a "good" one for this? And I guess a 1.5m tip is what I want, right? And advantage to going with a 1.0 instead or in addition to? Learned last night that the...
Seats will be here next week, so I've got some time to figure out what will or won't work. We need to upgrade the house electrical with another line and that couldn't be scheduled for 2 weeks, so a blessing in disguise, maybe. And I am the "tallest" of our family at 5'5", so your reality is different from mine.
Thanks again. The 52" length at partial recline is the full extension of the bottom outward. And no one in my family needs to be concerned about feet sticking over the end... So I have no concerns about feet hitting the row in front. Can acoustic treatments help some with the back row issue? At least for absorbing the nastier bass waves in the corners? Or a bass trap of some sort? The back speakers will be right over their heads, so that could get a little close for...
Thanks, guys. I realize the back row on the wall isn't ideal, but my seat will be in the middle of the middle row... I'm sorta counting on the microfiber chairs to absorb some of the nasty waves back there. It's a hope more than anything. As for the depth of the risers, I drew the chairs longer than they will be for regular viewing. They are actually about 52" when partially reclined, the way I expect most or all viewing will occur. Fully reclined will be at an odd...
Don't have anything yet - too busy doing everything else for the theater, the other parts of the build, work, Taekwondo, etc. If I get a minute tonight maybe I'll take some, but the lighting down there is very dim and nothing too fancy will come of them.
MM, I'm gathering all of the supplies now in prepartion to shoot a SF v2.5 3.0 screen on the wall. I know i will need to sand the wall and primer, etc, but I do have a few questions I haven't seen addressed in the reading I've done. Hopefully you can help me. 1. I have the old HVLP guns I bought back in the day for using with an air compressor. I haven't actually looked to see what all is in those guns, so I don't know if I will need any additional tips (yet). My...
I posted on another thread yesterday. Interested to hear sugestions - but this is the way it's already built. So the options to change at this point are limited.