or Connect

Posts by scoob5555

From what I've read today, it looks like my idea will work if I use probably 2 15" or 18" subs along with a good amp and an equalizer to kill off miscellaneous problems (Maybe two sets of these, depending on how ambitious I get). So probably a $600-800 minimum job and up to $2k. It will have to wait for awhile while I recover from the build we're doing now. I'll come back here when I'm ready to try it.
Yeah, I don't hate it as is, but the front row would be useless without something to raise it up some. When the seats get here I will hook up the old pj to get an idea where to place the screen. When I have that I'll know whether or not the front row will be viable.
My original idea, before I saw the volume underneath, was to stick my second sub at that location - on the top and relatively close to the top row of seating. I won't be discouraged, so keep the ideas rolling in. I don't really have an idea about budget since this only came up last night. I have no idea what to even expect for the budget for this sort of project (or when i'll have it since this current project is draining most of what I have now). I've attached the pdf...
So I found out yesterday that I should never draw architectural designs. It all made perfect sense in my head - and even on paper I thought it worked. But when I got home last night I realized my mistake. When I drew the layout of the room, I was dumb enough to draw two steps instead of only one going from level to level. It struck me on some level that it looked odd, but I couldn't figure out why. I got it now! The long and short of it is my middle and back row...
MM, I'm in Kingsport now, so still an 8 hr drive from Memphis. Closer than NJ for sure. I'll give the Silver Fire a look. I still have the HVLP sprayer from my first set of adventures and a big compressor, so I might be able to get it done myself before the carpet gets laid. 10' wide and 11.5' diagonal sounds like a good size. And with a little gain from the screen I should be somewhere around 13-16 L. With no ambient light I think that will be sufficient. Thanks...
Hi all, I can't be the first one to ask about this, but I can't find what I'm looking for. I'm having my theater built right now. I hadn't thought about the space underneath the seating area before i actually saw it framed up yesterday. Some quick calculations shows a volume of about 280 cubic ft of space under there that is essentially dead for me expect as possible storage accessed from the area behind the theater (the lawncare garage). It occurred to me that this...
Ordered the Cat 6 also and will have that run in the walls. Will run three of them between the equipment cabinet and the projector, along with the HDMI cables. Anything else I should run up to there? Won't be doing any gaming in this room - that will be next door in the kids room. Thanks
Hi all, It's been awhile since I was here, last helping to develop some of the early MM Mudd, etc, formulations of lore. I moved recently and the old screen is going to be in the kids area with the old projector. So I need something new for my new purpose-built theater. I will be using a Panasonic AE8000 for both 2D and 3D in a 14'x19' room, with a screen somewhere between 120" and 144" diagonal. The Panny puts out a fair amount of light, even at 19', and the contrast...
Bringing this back to life. Decided on a plan that comes to about 19'x14' after the entrance hall is subtracted. And for future reference, the quote for adding the electric box (with expandability for later projects), electric for all of the basement, a gas furnace install (with all duct-work), an additional water heater (gas to run in series with the existing electric heater), a huge 'elevated' storage area off the main staircase (only about 5'5" tall so the area...
Thanks guys. I'm waiting for a guy to provide a quote, but it's house-building season, so I'm low on his priority list for a few months. [And that's OK.] I'm just looking for ball-park guestimates so I can get an idea what to expect. I plan to do some basic stuff, but I'll leave most of it to the contractor. There are a few ways to do the room, so I haven't decided how I want to orient it. There's another possibility of setting up a 15'x20'+ room instead next to the...