or Connect

Posts by scoob5555

Just moved the family to Tennessee into a nice new house with a huge unfinished basement. And 14' ceilings! I've had projectors for the last 10 years and the plan will be to make a relatively small, dedicated room for a projector theater. Looking at about 16'x16' and a screen around 100-120" with 2 rows of seating. So the main issues are the lack of a lot of electricity, no HVAC in the basement, and 14' ceilings . We know we'll need to run another electric box and add...
Looks like I might have a new formula to spray on my wall later this year! Thanks, guys.
Got 'er fixed today. It was the D board and it was a pretty easy swap to perform - once all 17 million screws were removed! No indication why the board failed, but it's an imperfect world. Screws fall out. Suggestion for folks who's TVs fail : count the number of LED flashes before you reset or unplug the TV! The number really does mean something.
I talked to the repair company Friday morning and confirmed exactly what went on with the TV. We're pretty sure we got it figured out and they are planning to bring the needed parts to replace while they're here (they had to order the parts anyway, so any earlier service call would have been for naught). I'm hopeful that we get it right the first time... Rest assured I will post with the result of that call, good or bad. I have experience with lots of electronic toys...
Nor did mine. I hope it's an isolated incident because I love the TV (when it worked).
Called the Concierge service folks and they didn't let on that this was a common problem. But due to timing, I can't get a service call until next Tuesday! Not what I was expecting from a service called Concierge. On a 6-week old set. Delivery didn't take that long...
It must be an HD signal that the internal decoder is processing. Believe me when I say over Christmas I walked into my Aunt's house and witnessed horror like I'd never imagined. The "cable guy" had everything (vcr, dvd, cable box) all being fed into the Panny LCD by a coax cable (to the HD tuner!). I couldn't stand to watch a single minute on it. Fixed it up for them and they were AMAZED at what the picture should have looked like the whole time they had it (several...
I haven't had any problems with the set at all until this morning. No problems with any input or the HD tuner. And there was no warning at all - it simply went blank with the blinking LED. Odd, but very computer-like. I'll call Panasonic Concierge tonight or tomorrow. Thanks
Hey all, I have a month-old Panny 42PZ77U that until this morning was functioning perfectly (about 90-100 hours). Then this morning my daughter was watching a show and after about 45 min the screen went off and the power LED was blinking (4 or 5 blinks, then a pause, repeat). I came in and tried to turn it off and it didn't respond, so I pressed and held the power button until it powered down. I waited a few minutes and turned it back on. It came up as usual, but only...
And I'm not at all concerned about covering holes for the speakers. Can't figure out why manufacturers even bother with 5 watt speakers on a 1080p display. A $100 receiver and $20 speakers will do much better.