or Connect

Posts by baeder

You can say this, but "over there" I sure couldn't find anything useful!
Have you thought about a cheap OTA digital-2-analog box? Would at least give you some benefits? Or try a sling-box setup and leave the RPTV at home?
With the later models (4K/5K, this code setting is remembered, so no need to worry. You said "closet", so you may have more issues here. Otherwise, the actual replay remote has JP1 capability - not for the faint of heart, and you have to purchase/make an interface, but it is a great thing to be able to not worry about the whole "toggle" method. I did use the JP1 stuff, and there is a l of of good info here and over on the yahoo group. BUT, having said that, the toggle...
Hmmm...I just used the $k image I had socked away (the Aug 2002 one) and after the restore did NOT do a reset, but instead, hooked it to ethernet, and did the 243-zones to force a net connect...this re-authorized it, and downloaded the update...Took a fair amount of time, since it was uploading some strange guide data, etc. - but then went to the update of the software. THEN, after that, I did the 382-zones reset, and went through the initial set up. Guess the SW was...
So, this means that without the DNNA servers, re-image of any machine that doesn't have the correct activastion for that machine will fail!... (had to do a 4k machine today, and forgot (first time) that you have to have the ethernet plugged in when you BOOT in order for it to activate the ethernet to allow it to do the 243-zones net connect "trick"... Will be making a "backup" of all my images ASAP. scott
That's not always possible - depends a lot on who "owns" the rights to code that they licensed from others to use! But it's nice to wish for
OK, I have been running it on many different versions of java and Win7... I gave up on WinDVA, but I jaut have a "shortCut set to start in the DVArchive folder I created in the programs space, and have it execute the javaw command as follows. Code: javaw Xmx160m -jar "C:\\Program Files\\DVArchive\\DVArchive.jar" This seems to work fine for me...(and I am running the X64 version of Win7 Ultimate) I did use WinDVA, and it "worked" - I think I did have to set the...
just by chance, is this the IP address of another DVArchive machine? Or is it the actual replay? Try shutting down all the other DVArchives and all the other "stuff" (if you can) on the network (like other UPNP stuff) and see if that makes a difference...
The comment originally was would it work WITHOUT a converter box... So, the answer stands...Remember, RTV tunes in ANALOG signals or takes in direct video (svideo or composite)...it's not going to decode digital signals directly without some external help
This is similar to what I did, and I agree that using an HD box for HD signals is the way to go, but the lack of watching shows across the different cable boxes made me keep my replays for a lot of things...Plus, as I have found out, nothing is fool proff, and having a belt and suspenders (i.e. DVR and Reply) for some shows has saved the bacon with the Wife on numerous occasions. Plus, there are still times when there are 4 things on I want to record at the same time...