or Connect

Posts by benareeno

look...it's a subtle effect. I'm sure taking a pic or video would be a waste of time. Please, move on away from this thread as your input is not helping and not required. I already indicated that source could be relevant to some extent...I didn't get a chance to comb through any blu-rays in the last few days. As for calibrating day/night...I would think night viewing would be better with lower light output. But, as we see with these plasma's, when you lower the light...
as I sit and watch the tv right now, in the daytime...not much to complain about. Even the gradation APPEARS to look better. Later on...with the lights down, that's likely where the issues will crop up. And there still is some subtle noise right now...but not as visible as at night with the lights down in the room.
You should know...a few years ago, I had a Kuro..and returned it because the picture was too noisy. And in fact, I would say noisier than this panasonic by a fair margin. This goes to show that what I see as noise, you just don't see....and i have less than 20/20 vision. In fact, maybe my poorer vision is putting noise on the screen!! Which one do you have?
It's not sde...and, I wouldn't say it's the dither that I'm seeing. What I see up close is way different than what I see at a distance. I'm quite certain it's just plasma tech...nothing more nothing less. A couple of things to watch...what do skies look like? To me they look unnatural. And not compared to other modern sets, but compared to a crt. The noise is not huge...I've said it many times...but there's noise in the picture. You all don't see it, so don't let me ruin...
look...he changed every colors brightness against a black background...there is no magical setting which would otherwise make noise disappear...except when you artificially create it against a black background and then make it disappear. My set does not do that...that video is completely irrelevant. I'm not even convinced that I'm seeing dither per say...at any rate, the noise is not like a totally different color or anything. You're way off the mark. Let's see him make...
a black screen with white text is jet black on this set...no issues there.
obviously if you put up a black screen and raise the brightness of a certain color you will see dither dots in that color...doesn't mean anything on normal content, just a black screen. The noise I am referring to is totally different than that. It's a lot more subtle, yet..it's there...unquestionably. I would get an lcd if it were overall better...but I don't think it is.
JayPSU, it's not end of story...this is the story for every plasma I've ever seen. And it's not a huge deal..but it is a noisy picture in general. And gradation is lousy...in general. If you disagree, that's fine...but you cannot say with absolution that I'm just watching a poorly calibrated set (especially when calibration doesn't cure noise or gradation issues)...it's just not true. Although now I've opened the door for a couple pages of replies that portray me as such....
again...calibration will not cure noise or low gradation...I don't expect you to see it, as you likely aren't familiar with a proper reference to begin with. but, it's not difficult to see. It's not crazy noisy...but it's a noisy image nonetheless, and the faces are definitely lacking in gradation. I am not trolling or stirring the pot...these are my observations. If you don't see it...good for you. I wish I was you. But, no amount of trying to discredit me will make...
I think it's the best 42 inch ever made...but, it's still not better than a high end 34" crt at creating a pic which feels like reality. The gradation is really poor...and really visible in people's faces. Faces look like cartoons or something...just unnatural and very non HD. Everyone looks like they were out in the sun all day. Otherwise, I don't have issue with gradation...just faces. For this reason, perhaps a 50" gt or better might be a better choice for me. I will...