or Connect

Posts by cpcat

Everything is functioning normally. I'll consider myself lucky.
This happened to me and it came back with a hard reboot of the VP. I didn't at the time attribute it to the D* firmware though. It was about 2 wks ago IIRC.
That's a good point. I don't think ARC was intended to allow HT enthusiasts to use the display as the "hub". It's limited to spdif at this point and can't pass lossless audio (DTS-MA, Dolby TrueHD). It's good for providing spdif audio from the TV for internet apps without adding an optical cable and that's about it. Most who want a full HD audio/video system will need to continue to use the display primarily as a monitor and use either an AVR or VP as your HDMI switcher.
Correct
Sounds like it could be a bad HDMI connection to me. Check the cable connection and/or try another cable.
That's known as line bleed. Pretty common on these sets.
The 3/2 setting is only applicable to and thus only available for interlaced sources ie 1080i and 480i.
My 60gt30 measures 1 and 5/8 inch bezel on top and sides with 2 inches at the bottom.
My advice would be to not worry as this sort of thing is very common on these sets and doesn't seem likely to produce anything permanent over time.
HD DVE, HD Avia, or Spears and Muncil.