or Connect

Posts by Mike Snyder

Hi folks, We're having a problem with our DTV transmitter that started yesterday morning and it's off the air. The component we need is on the way. We're working quickly to get it restored. I'll try and post a note once we're back up. Thanks in advance for your patience.
Hi folks, I wanted to let everyone know that our analog OTA signal may seem noisy this week. We're replacing our main antenna, so we're running at low power into a loaner unit. We're making a city-grade signal, but not much beyond that. We expect to finish the analog antenna by the end of this week. Once it's back up, there should be a noticable improvement in the analog signal. And while I have people on the tower, I'm reducing power on DTV so I don't fry my...
Steve, We actually figured out the problem later in the morning. Some settings in the encoder had gotten changed. We'll lock it out from now on. Have a good week.
Hi Everyone, We lost our HD encoder this morning, which means we're off the air with HD until we get a replacement in house. At this writing, we're trying to get a loaner in house, but I can't guarantee the time frame. I'm real sorry for the inconvenience. We apologize for the loss of signal. We are working on it and will get the signal restored as quickly as possible. Thanks for your patience.
Hi Drew, We're dealing with that one. It's a concern because Y&R is one of the higher rated daytime shows. Thanks for letting me know.
Hi Guys, Brian-No problems with power or anything on my side. There might have been a shower or two rolling through the area, but nothing that I'm aware of. I've gotten notes from a few folks who have signal problems with DT when it rains. I'll do some digging on that one. I thought I'd gotten away from rain fade when I quit doing satellite stuff. The golf tournaments have looked great in HD. Even my kids, who rank golf on TV at the same level as watching paint...
Some FYIs and a question for you guys. CBS is only offering a few regional games of NCAA stuff in HD, but most of the golf tournaments this year, including the Masters, will be in HD. The wide shots on golf should make one heck of an HD picture. To David Ortiz, you're welcome. I saw no reason to leave an HD show in SD just for the sake of convenience; we'll work on making it cleaner. And welcome to the forum Montano Question, I had a call from someone near 99...
Some FYIs and a question for you guys. CBS is only offering a few regional games of NCAA stuff in HD, but most of the golf tournaments this year, including the Masters, will be in HD. The wide shots on golf should make one heck of an HD picture. Question, I had a call from someone near 99 and Clinton saying they could pick up our analog, but not DTV. The only think I've ever experienced like that was a nicked and bent cable that attenuated some channels. Anybody...
That's a good point, Steve. I've asked the viewer to write back with some details about location and antenna type. The rain was hard enough in Clovis last night that neither scenario would surpise me. But with the power I'm putting out on DTV, I should be punching through almost anything. It will be interesting to see. I'll post the reply for everyone. Talk to you later.
I got an email from a viewer that said he lost my DT signal during the rain last night. I didn't have any problems at home, but I've got an outdoor yagi. Did anyone get rainfade last night or in the last few days on any of the DT signals? Thanks in advance.