or Connect

Posts by vinodk

Finally went to BB & exchanged my F9000 due to shadow on the right side edge of the screen. Exchange is scheduled for Wednesday. Hopefully the next panel is acceptable.
Tested the panel some more last night after week worth of use. Panel looks good overall. Only issue I see is that on rt hand side of the edge of the panel from top to bottom is an area 2-3 pixels wide what appears like a shadow or reflection from bezel where the panel is not as well lit. It is more obvious in lighter scenes from 2-3 ft away. Wondering if this is normal. Tried taking picture of it but could not.
I also do see some lighter areas on the sides of the screen in dark scenes in a totally dark room but no horrid looking patches of clouding. These areas are not as obvious with a bit of light on in the room. Don't know if that is expected with LCD's. Coming from plasma you start noticing these things over time. Perhaps just a matter of resetting my expectations with edge lit LCD/LED screens.
I don't see any obvious patches of clouding or flashlighting. Tried Gravity BD last night. In scenes with black space with stars I could see some faint lighter areas at the edge of the screen. Probably normal for an edge lit screen. Will try to post some pics later.
Is there any link to where I can get full black image to test for flashlighting, clouding or light leakage of the panel? I am within my return period just in case. Also if somebody can post pictures of their screen for reference to see what's normal when it comes to looking for panel light leakage, that would be great. This is my first LCD/LED therefore I have no idea what is acceptable & normal with edge lit panels. I will do a full reset of the TV this Saturday after...
I am looking at purchasing Marty-cube flat packs also for my 2 IXL-18 subs.
Thanks. Do I need to download Torrent on my computer & then download the clips on USB? Computer novice here.
I am really interested in Marty cube flat pack for IXL-18.. How do I go about buying them?
How do I get the Samsung demo torrent file? Is there a link?
For starters the surround & basket are properly aligned & holes line up. The surround is uniform & even. The driver also is heavier than SI-18 likely due to heavier triple stacked magnet. This is just my basic observation. I am not technically inclined. Some of you guys are more technically savvy so please chime in.