or Connect

Posts by Jasman

As of January 4th, my deposit is in for a starting build-out of a 22 foot (overall about 30' length) cargo trailer that will be used as a gaming and entertainment trailer for school carnivals, birthday parties, tailgating, etc. SIMILAR TRAILERS: This is an extension of my wife's school fundraising business that we found ourselves hiring out several times a year at $500 a pop. After a local franchise decided to throw in the towel, my naivety once again took over and I...
Will this work?
I run multiple servers in my basement and the most important part of 'cooling' is extracting the waste heat and keeping good air flow. If new construction, are/can they place a vent or return in there? I believe the simplest and cheapest solution (to be effective) is having a temperature controlled small inline vent fan above the computers / in ceiling that extracts the waste heat and moves the top layer of air in the room into the adjoining garage bay. If not...
Here's my $.02... Go to Amazon and spend under $20 for 40' HDMI cable.. run on the floor and try it. If it works, great, just saved yourself a couple hundred bucks. If it doesn't, keep or send it back for credit. I've bought several 15' (cheapest found on Amazon [Link Depot]-- under $5 each) HDMI cables recently and they work just as well as the 1" multiple shielded ones I 'wasted' money on years...
I did the same color faux finish "ragging off technique" in my living room, entry and upstairs hallway.. when I explicitly had far more time on my hands years ago to accomplish 3000 sq feet of this. We accented with burgundy wallpaper as well. Here's a bad phone pic:
Been said many times before, but you may want to attempt a 'max screen size' before committing to a fixed width or ordering a screen. With today's projectors, blu-ray and good availability of hi-def TV, it appears you have the space to go much wider/bigger on screen. Get to a point where you can test the size, resolution and brightness and see if you like it.
Wouldn't two projectors back-to-back in center bottom of transparent screen(s) positioned vertically, each with 45 degree mirrors at top do the trick?
When recently upgrading to Blu-ray player, I literally bought 4 players before I found one that would actually work through my HDMI input/output of Sony receiver. After the first couple of failures, found out that the 'handshaking' issue with Bluray players and recievers is a MAJOR issue and can be hit/miss with a ton of models, even after upgrading firmware. First one would play a movie if you shut off, then on several times (but timing had to be just right) and switch...
Have you bought the screen yet? If not, as others have stated before, throw the image up on the wall (with temp screen / sheet) first and flirt with 'as big as you like'. You may find that a max size is what suits you and family. Far too many have bought screen (when going from LCD/Plasma) thinking that 100" +/-is 'plenty big' only wishing for more. It looks like you have room to go bigger. I'm at 140" diag, sit at 12-13' away and it's not too big or dim. DVD looks...
I'd have to say, that is some SH*TTY luck. You may not be into the alternative sciences much, but maybe it's worth looking into having a someone bless the house. We all scoff at such things, but the repeated happenings, and those that don't make much sense, warrants some investigation. What I find most odd is the repeated mishaps of seemingly good electronics. Do you have 'clean' electric service? Even knowing about the hum issue, could the issue of failing...