or Connect

Posts by vravo

Does this happen within 15 - 30 seconds on start up.... the problem i used to have was my remote had a macro to turn on everything at once and it would freeze the comcast box... eventually the work around was to turn on everything separately and it worked fine... so after that worked for a while i put a 5 second delay into my macro and never had the problem again.... i hope this can help you with your situation... Vin :D
Quote: Originally posted by archvagrant Who do I call ? Comcast or Samsung ? I have Samsung hln617w and Comcast HD/PVR Box. A couple of the HD channels (105 and 106 I think) show a 1/8 to 1/4 inch (approx) flickering line at the top left of the screen.... every other channel (HD/Digital/Analog) is fine. Is this the signal ? The TV or the STB ?? Any thoughts welcomed from you experts before I start playing telephone tennis.... Many thanks...
I bought the Samsung HLN617w 12 months ago and absolutey love it, I haven't had a problem, Knock on wood!!!!! There was a Panasonic and an RCA at the time I bought it but I went with the Sammy based on reviews leading up to last Thanksgiving.... I got the service plan as well but a complex & complicated device can require greater care, at this point it a luxury that is what you pay for... after you see the High Def picture in your home you'll realize it's worth ever...
Quote: Originally posted by Hubcap I recently got the 6208, and im not able to record a program and watch another program at the same time? Is this right. I mean this is one of the main reasons why i got this dvr. Everything else seems ok, im using the dvi cable to my tv. I tried to find this in the thread but my head started to spin after reading about 5 pages. Thanks. but you can record one show and watch a previously record show at the same...
Quote: Originally posted by WaWaZat Just got mine. Man, this is a noisy SOB! Is that the harddrive churning away? When we 1st plugged it in, I thought it was downloading & the drive would sleep after a while. I have an open rack so this is VERY annoying. Anyone else bothered by this??? I have an open rack too but my set up is in the basement so I'm not really around it when it's not in use, after a while you tune it out unless you listen to your TV...
Quote: Originally posted by markjrenna Maybe I should call them again and see if they know about the Dual Tuner model. Go for it....
Quote: Originally posted by tall1 I think I have discovered a workaround for the 6208 freeze after power on problem. I usually leave my 6208 on all the time but in any case, I don't think that makes any difference regarding the freeze ups. I have a sammy HLN 5065 that I power up first and I do not turn on my Denon receiver for 4-5 minutes. Then I power on the Denon that is connected via a Monster TOSlink optical cable and it does not freeze. I tried...
Quote: Originally posted by tall1 The whole thing is weird...I have seen a few posts about the 620x boxes freezing, I reply to the post but then I never hear anything again from the poster. Maybe they threw the box out their penthouse window and got the dish? Funny, this morning I turned on the sammy and lo' and behold, it didn't freeze. It was on HBO HD so I am going to try and leave it there tonight and see if it does not freeze tomorrow. I...
Quote: Originally posted by tall1 Yes, swapping helped for about two weeks...then the same old problem of freezing about 30 seconds after turning on the sammy 5065. So, I have the 6200 plugged into a power strip...I turn on the display, wait for it to freeze, click the switch on the power switch off and on, lose all the guide info and then I am watching HD again. I have tried every combination of power on sequences imaginable and it always freezes up....
Quote: Originally posted by tall1 Plus the 6208's have so many issues. I am on my 3rd 6208 because all 3 would freeze up 15-30 seconds after turning on the display. I have to plug/unplug to unfreeze it. I have the same !@##$$% issue, it's at the point where when i plug back in 2 minutes later it freezes again!!!! and again!!!! i like having DVR but what is the piont if you can't @!#$%@# use it!!!! Did swapping help out for a...