or Connect

Posts by trendscape

Thanks for the brochure link, Westa, great find!
Sorry but in my tests, the Oppo DV-981HD is showing too many macroblocking artifacts, while my Panasonic DVD-S97 looks much better. Sounds like the XA2 does a much better job.
Westa, when I first saw the Sharp 65 at the Jan. 2005 CES, it was the best display at the show, so its reputation precedes it.
Hm, Sony already sneaked their "Sapphire" second-gen player at CES:http://ces.engadget.com/2007/01/08/s...u-ray-players/
Rogo, great to see your post! I was just wondering what happened to all the old-timers!
Sony saves most of its announcements for its dealers show in March.
dmzguy, you seem to forget that Sharp has four tiers of products. The top tier is always worth a lot more than the bottom. The 92 series is their Lexus, so that's indeed where they make most of their money.
This is such an appropriate thread for me! I have Comcast and I've only been able to get the Linksys Travel Router WRT54GT to work with it. Neither my Linksys WRT54GX or a new US Robotics USR5461 would work with the Comcast Arris TM402P cable modem. Oh well, that's technology for you!
I have no handshake issues whatsoever. BTW, MSG, all HDTV devices are HDCP compliant. Only some early components and the HTPC folks were without it.
Confirmed, my Oppo DV-918HD has too many pixelated artifacts in dark areas. I can't watch 480p because its 4:3, but it's visible at 720p and 1080i. Let me know if any of you have seen this grainy pic too.