or Connect

Posts by HeadRusch

Nice, I didn't realize OpenGL was more formally organized...sure, around forever I should have put 2 and 2 together.........even still, in the end I understand the need for a centralized point of direction (even if it means someone or some group eventually becomes a bit of a Despot)...... Microsoft is the Devil We Know....
No, not even a little bit. I don't want the API for all my video games to be left to a bunch of guys who think the Linux model is a great way to lead.
Ah, see there's a solution for everything these days Thanks for the heads-up, I might even check this out, see how badly off my set top box feed is...But getting back to my original suggestion to the person just getting into the hobby.....do the basics...and then start enjoying. If you really want to get into the whole thing of ISF Calibrations, THEN you start to open Pandora's box...because with a Projector, your entire ROOM becomes part of the equation. Colors,...
I don't need a return to the wild west days of ISA slots and DOS and the pre-DX days when nothing really worked very well for the first month....sure we're a long way away from that level of development and everything is much more tightly integrated than in those 'good old days' of the late 80's and early 90's......... Gaining frames is great....but the tradeoff's have to be managed. Having said all that.........DX is probably bloated with features like every OS and such...
You probably already own one and don't know it.....I think Disney discs and THX-branded discs may come with THX Calibration routines for your screen....I think they were rudimentary but they got the job done as well as most other calibration discs.......the problem with discs today is they are very 2000's Back when you had a DVD Player feeding that pristine content to your HDTV, you bought the disc, calibrated the input between your DVD/BD player and your set. For every...
Newbie Advice: Don't get too hung up on worrying about what you should touch, but something like this...panel alignment....unless you've done convergence on RP sets in the past, I would not mess around with this unless you are really intoseeing a grid pattern every time you close your eyes, and also know what you're doing. its a simple process, but it can be maddening......and you can make the picture worse..not sure if there is a 'reset to default' button or...
I got an off topic dumb followup...how do you power that rig of yours? I never did a multi-psu system but was wondering if yours was........
This will no doubt be the vehicle Microsoft uses to force the rest of us to Windows 8...........but no need to fear, like the first year or two of consoles, there's that developer learning curve where the performance sucks and the results are less than spectacular....
It wont run on Xbox..and if it did, it wouldn't run at 900p..or whatever. There, we've looped it back around. I'm seriously thinking of jumping on all of these discounts being thrown around with titanfall and the xbox one........ Although with Titanfall basically being given away free......and me already having a powerful PC capable of running it...... Hrrrmmm...
I'm sure this KZ feels like the previous two, with the weighty controls and tight FoV.......just this time with less grimy, industrial locales....which is a good thing. I have to debox my PS4 and try that out.......Does anyone know if it has any Co-Op at all?