or Connect

Posts by mark34

You asked me about ambient noise in the showroom for the RS-1. There was a quiet scene playing not very loud. There were no other people in the media room besides me. Honestly it was very very quiet.
I have an RS1 in waiting to be installed in my, under construction, home theater. I finally had a chance to audition one at a local company. Wow! i get the hype.Interestingly, I was anticipating a somewhat noisy machine based on some posts. I literally could put my ears next to the machine and could barely hear it. i am coming from a BenQ8700 which i guess is much louder. it was a happy surprise. oh yeah, the contrast ratio is amazing.
Thanks for all the inputs. Price wise I am talking either the 2 Klipsch or 1 JL. Very interesting points raised. My dealer has both and will give me a demo shortly. I am leaning towards keeping the Klipsch Ultra 2 together as designed. The reviews have been amazing and what I have heard is great. The F113 would have to blow me away. Fortunately I will not be paying close to $11K for the amp/pre pro. I got about $2,500 off last year's price. The MC207 7 channel...
I am building a dedicated home theater. Quite large (W19, L24, H11) and well treated acoustically. I am using the Klipsch Ultra 2 THX speaker system driven by McIntosh MC207 and MX119 prepro. My dealer is suggesting I consider using a JL Audio Fathom f113 (I believe that is the one) instead of the pair of Klipsch subs and sub amp that come with the system. Any opinions? Looks like price is about a wash. Any different suggestions? (double posted in subs and...
I am building a dedicated home theater. Quite large (W19, L24, H11) and well treated acoustically. I am using the Klipsch Ultra 2 THX speaker system driven by McIntosh MC207 and MX119 prepro. My dealer is suggesting I consider using a JL Audio Fathom f113 (I believe that is the one) instead of the pair of Klipsch subs and sub amp that come with the system. Any opinions? Looks like price is about a wash. Any different suggestions? Thanks, Mark
I am considering the MX119 MC207 combo. I plan to use a DVDO VP50 video processor to handle all of the video sutff via HDMI. I will run the audio into the MX119. I will not be able to decode the newest HD-DVD audio stuff, but I think there is significant dust to settle. Surely a prep/pro replacement will likely be my first replacement in a year or so. I know this is different than what you are asking. My goal is to keep audio with my pre/pro and handle the video with...
OK, would it be crazy to combine an Outlaw 990 with McIntosh MC207 amp? at $1,100 the Outlaw is almost disposable, to be replaced in 1 to 2 years with somehting that is well set up for all the new surround formats and connections.
Thanks for the replies. So the McIntosh (MX207) amp would really be that good? ugh Would you go with the Mc MX119 (only one zone) with it. I would have to do something about HDMI connections. Could another pre-pro match well? Again, thank you for input. I feel as though the McIntosh amps will be a good long term investment in the system, but worry about plunking down so much for a pre-pro I will replace within a couple of years.
I am going to be using Klipsch Ultra 2 set up with new dedicated home theater under construction. This is a large room: about 23 X 19 with 11' ceilings. I plan to use a JVC RS-1 on a 123" fixed screen. I have a pretty decent budget for equipment, originally budgetting for McIntosh MX207 7 channel amp with MX119 prepro. This is almost $12K. I have decided to spend more for room treatment than originally planned. I am hesitating to spend so much on electronics,...
OK: first off I am building a dedicated theater with 123" diagonal 16:9 screen. Are we getting closer to getting a true read on RS1 versus Pearl (threads seem a little conflicting from real world experience)? Does the amazing contrast ratio of the RS1 make it that much better? Do most people still believe that 123" screen is too big for the Pearl, even in a dedicated completely light controlled room? Is the RS1 sufficiently "better" in this regard for this size...