or Connect

Posts by Nnamd

If this box has firewire to dump to DVHS I would cancel everything I have right now and get it. Only reason I'm not with voom right now.
Well. I watched a little of this on my PC and it looked great. So I say good job ABC. I was doing things in my office so I did'nt tune it in on my Big screen.
I have the Hitachi 61swx01w with panasonic dvd-rp56 dvd player. I have this problem. I just live with it. It is the TV. not the dvd player. Waiting on HDDVD to fix it. hehehe I know this post is old. I now know what the problem is.
I can darken the room (pull curtains) I think my old model is only like 400 lum. I'm talking PITCH BLACK room before you can see it. I guess I was trying to say a room as bright as a standard office lights.
32-1 ABC (Channel 51) Avearage about 75% 20-1 FOX (Channel 16) Average about 98% - been 100% when fine tuned 26-1 PBS (Channel 27) Average about 100% 26-2 PBS (Channel 27) Average about 100% I had the Samsung tuner SIR 160 OTA and a Yaggi. I was able to sometimes pull in Dothan's Channel 4-1 CBS But traided the SIR with my dad because I got a Toshiba SAT receiver with built in OTA tuner. I must say I miss my Samsung SIR 160 OTA. I cannot pull in Birmingham or Dothan...
I live in Deatsville behind Holtville High School. I pointed my antenna (Per antenna web) to channel 30 out of Bham. It says I should be able to pull it in but like I said I live on the side of a hill. I'm a little closer to bham than you, so I think it is my receiver. It is one of the 169 time com mods. I might could see if my dad will let me borrow the SIR 160 again to see what I can pull in. I really wish the SIR 161 (for sat and local) had not taken out the firewire...
Ok. Think it's time to start a thread for Montgomery, Al. I live North or Montgomery about 40 Miles. These are the stations I can get 32-1 ABC (Channel 51) Avearage about 75% 20-1 FOX (Channel 16) Average about 98% - been 100% when fine tuned 26-1 PBS (Channel 27) Average about 100% 26-2 PBS (Channel 27) Average about 100% I had the Samsung tuner SIR 160 OTA and a Yaggi. I was able to sometimes pull in Dothan's Channel 4-1 CBS But traided the SIR with my dad...
You guys are to young to remember watching half of The Wonderful World of Disney and then made to turn it off and go to church. And it was never shown again. And you had no way to record it back then. (Pre VHS days) Samsung had a good OTA box. STA 160 or something. But took out the firewire port on their SAT box. STA 161 or something. I may have them backwards. Almost exact same box. Now if they had'nt taken out the firewire port on their DT receiver I would have...
Ok. Years ago I purchaced a CRT and was using it to watch TV before HDTV. To the point. I had to block out all light in the room to view it. That was the only problem I had with it. I wish there had been a Forum like this before I got it and I would have know what Lumens to get. I got a HDTV so it sits on the shelf now. I tried to hook it back up with all my HDTV set top box gear and just dont want to sit in pitch black dark. So if I get a new one for another room that has...
I have always felt that they need to move to more IMAX stuff if they are to keep the crowds coming. At least go All Digital. And I mean everywhere. Not just selected markets. But when you have Joe 16 year old that loads the film and rushes back to talk to the girl behind the concession stand, you cant expect much.