or Connect

Posts by zarak

Instead of creating another thread I will post my related question on this one. What is the proper method of cleaning Da-Lite's high power screen material? Manufacturer says that it is not recommendable to try to clean the screen. Has anyone tried the method they are recommending? My screen has a lot of mildew/mold stains on it. Where I live the weather is quite humid, and that might be the reason. This didn't happen with my previous high power material, but well. ...
bryansj, Nothing is wrong with that copy, it's just that I no longer have that computer in my posession. I shouldn't have to jump through hoops. I am not a thief nor a hacker. I just need to program my remote!!! Thanks for the tips.
Wink winkThanks
ccotenj, I don't think that changing policy on existing customers is smart business and is not understandable or excusable in any way, shape or form. I bought my remote years ago. Honestly, I don't even remember where I bought it from (maybe AudioVision in Miami?).. HONESTLY. The last time I downloaded the software was a couple of months ago. Now I can't program my remote because there is no longer a link available to download it. Does that make sense? Maybe to a...
Just got my new Epson 8500 UB yesterday. Just for your referencem this is my 5th projector (previous: Sony VPL-Vw10HT, Sony HS-10, Sony HS-20, Sharp XV-Z2000). My screen is a Da-Lite 92" High Power (around 5 years old). My previous PJ was the XV-Z2000. I had to do the upgrade because the color wheel on the Sharp bought the farm, and I wasn't up to the task of spending serious money on repairing a relatively old pj. My first impressions: This thing is BIG and...
I read somewhere that they don't even stock the part anymore.. That's a shame... BTW, it's part number CFILWA081WJ03 if you want to try and hunt it down.. I am definitely not willing to spend that amount of money to fix a 4 year old PJ... It seems to me that it's already somewhat outdated... Not to kidnapp my own thread, but I had 3 LCD pjs before this one.. Say what you may, but since they don't have any moving parts, they don't have this issue. I'm now buying...
BTW, the color wheel assembly is worth about $300, and my lamp has about 500 hours on it.
After a couple of years, the color wheel on my sharp xv-z2000 gave in . It basically broke into a hundred pieces . I was wondering if fixing it is worth the effort, given the low prices on current PJs out there. Any guidance would be appreciated. Best regards..
Tom, about the ISF: I live in Panama City, Panama, and thus, don't have access to an ISF expert. To do an ISF calibration, I would have to learn how to do it, buy the equipment, and then do it myself. That's why I mentioned it was $$$$. I guess I was not clear on that.
My green is totally out of whack. I've used the color pattern (the two horizontal bars on the DVE disc), and tried to calibrate it through the service menu (thanks LarryJ).... The red and blue are OK, but when using the green filter, it shows some green on the blue box.. I was wondering: Is there a better way to calibrate a display than using the color filters provided in the DVE disc? I know there is ISF, but that is $$$$. Any suggestions are welcome. BTW, to...